tears at school

Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:14 pm
earlswood

Unhappy tears at school

Today was a bit sad

Kids finished today, may not seem too much of a drama but all 3 of my kids went through primary there and most of the teachers have taught all of them.
I am also a governor there and have known the head for 14 years!!!

I wasn't expecting to burst into floods but I did......... If I did that at the school what will I be like in 5 weeks time saying goodbye to family and friends????

I think that the emotional rollercoaster has begun!!

Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Exactly the same here Earls.

I got a phone call at work today ( about 3pm) from my son ( aged 9 ) saying " hi dad " all i could hear in the background was ann-marie and shannon ( aged 7 ) bawling there eyes out.

Their school shirts had run out of room and they had messages written all over their hands.
What with the other events today ( other thread ) it has been one hell of an emotional day.

Paul
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:25 pm
earlswood

Glad I wasn't on my own Paul!!

Earls

Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sounds heartless but to be perfectly honest.............I WAS glad to be on my own.
ann-Marie has been dreading today for the last few weeks and she was fine,just dandy,until shannon started...........then all hell broke loose.

Paul
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: tears at school

Originally posted by earlswood
Today was a bit sad

Kids finished today, may not seem too much of a drama but all 3 of my kids went through primary there and most of the teachers have taught all of them.

I wasn't expecting to burst into floods but I did......... If I did that at the school what will I be like in 5 weeks time saying goodbye to family and friends????

I remember nearly doing the same when we left.

You can easily become a Governor equivalent out here. I am on the Executive committee of my kids school and have made lots of friends through it.

Good luck with it all.
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:35 pm
earlswood

I was OK until one of the teachers that had taught all 3 kids over the last 8 years (and was a rather specialperson) came running up to give me a hug and then I burst!!!!

Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:37 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by tinaj
I remember nearly doing the same when we left.

You can easily become a Governor equivalent out here. I am on the Executive committee of my kids school and have made lots of friends through it.

Good luck with it all.
Thanks Tina,

Will probably do the same with matt (he's 11) I love to get involved and it will be a good way to make new friends

Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

When we were applying for various items : passports, citizenship etc, we noticed you could use a teacher as an official person to certify our documents,we asked shannons teacher ( from the previous year), she signed them all without ever asking anything in return, very helpfull and truly worth her weight in gold.
And to top it all she signed it off as a bloody JP !!!! lol.They even contacted her over my passport.
She gave Ann-Marie a card today reading, and i quote " May you enjoy a future that meets all your expectations, lots of happiness in your new life ". It was signed with her first name ( which i NEVER knew ) and was addressed to us all.

A very special touch we thought.

Some people were put on this earth with a true desire to help others. I believe a great many of them reside on this forum.

Paul
Old Jul 16th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

I'm sure the school would love postcards, maybe you could set up some penpals!

My kids are really enthusiastic, we're very early on in the process and they are really excited at the possibility, although I know my youngest son (8) will be really upset when the realisation kicks in that he is going.

We don't have any family close, so they're used to seeing them rarely - indeed many aren't in the UK, so my kids are used to flying (although they chose the 26 hour ferry trip - not inc. the 5 hours to Newcastle and 3 hours in Norway - to Granny's in September, hubby's giving it a miss!)

So I'm hoping they'll fare a little better, being used to the idea that people who live far apart can still be close - although it will be more of them coming to see us (people were talking about booking the minute we mentioned we wanted to emigrate!) My 8yr old is a Cub and so will likely be able to transfer to an Aussie pack, oddly enough, his pack have some ties with a pack in Victoria (can't remember where now off the top of my head).

Big hugs to you and your kids - it's heartbreaking enough for you without watching your kids well up!

Nikki.x.

I was OK until one of the teachers that had taught all 3 kids over the last 8 years (and was a rather specialperson) came running up to give me a hug and then I burst!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
When we were applying for various items : passports, citizenship etc, we noticed you could use a teacher as an official person to certify our documents,we asked shannons teacher ( from the previous year), she signed them all without ever asking anything in return, very helpfull and truly worth her weight in gold.
And to top it all she signed it off as a bloody JP !!!! lol.They even contacted her over my passport.
She gave Ann-Marie a card today reading, and i quote " May you enjoy a future that meets all your expectations, lots of happiness in your new life ". It was signed with her first name ( which i NEVER knew ) and was addressed to us all.

A very special touch we thought.

Some people were put on this earth with a true desire to help others. I believe a great many of them reside on this forum.

Paul

Paul
Be careful what you state. A teacher CAN'T certify documents for VISA purposes. You were obviously ok because she was also a JP. A lot of people get confused about this.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:22 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Earlswood,
I was the same on Millies last day. Her teacher has kept in touch with us and when we were back last week we met up and Millie went back into school for the day, which she really enjoyed.
It'll be the first of many sad days, but plenty of happy ones too,
Michaela
Old Jul 17th 2004, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh Anita, I really feel for you. I understand how you feel as I went through the same thing a few weeks ago when my kids had their last day at school. Like yours they have only ever been to that school since they started and we know all the teachers.

You will be fine, this has got to be one of the owrst parts (apart from selling the house:scared: ) of this whole business. You will be fine don't worry.

Have a nice weekend.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 1:20 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Today was a bit sad

Hi me( Leanne)and our daughter (Charlie 6) were exactly the same,and that got me thinking that it was the first goodbye and that if that was bad how were all the other goodbyes going to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!as well
We got some little business cards done with Charlies photo,
name ,address,tele no and email address on. I also put a few words on from her and we gave them out to all her friends who thought that they were great and they are all looking forward to having penpals in oz........
But i do need to stress i am not looking forward to all the rest of the goodbyes.......

Leanne
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Nige37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leannefr
Hi me( Leanne)and our daughter (Charlie 6) were exactly the same,and that got me thinking that it was the first goodbye and that if that was bad how were all the other goodbyes going to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!as well
We got some little business cards done with Charlies photo,
name ,address,tele no and email address on. I also put a few words on from her and we gave them out to all her friends who thought that they were great and they are all looking forward to having penpals in oz........
But i do need to stress i am not looking forward to all the rest of the goodbyes.......

Leanne

Good idea to have the cards done for the kids. Where did you get them done Leanne?

How are the plans for the big day. Its getting closer. You have soo much to look forward to. You'll be hoping to get to Oz for a break.

Helen
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:17 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Nige37
Good idea to have the cards done for the kids. Where did you get them done Leanne?

How are the plans for the big day. Its getting closer. You have soo much to look forward to. You'll be hoping to get to Oz for a break.

Helen
Its mad Helen and you are right Australia will be a break!!!!!!!!

The cards I got for Charlies friends were brill, i designed them myself with my own pictures.the website is www.streetcards.com
how is the visa going? bet you are getting fed up with waiting now ?????????
my fingers are still crossed for you all

Darren and I still want to go for that meal before we go so we will be in touch soon!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.