Taxi's

Old Jun 13th 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Red face Taxi's

Hi All

Just wanted to ask for those of you who live in Aus, why you pay per adult and per child in a taxi? and not from A to B ect like in the uk. Got a quote from a company from Brisbane Airport to Runaway Bay $80.00 per Adult and $44.00 child return is that the right price you think?

Thanks

Paula
Old Jun 13th 2009, 9:45 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxi's

Originally Posted by Paula Cox
Hi All

Just wanted to ask for those of you who live in Aus, why you pay per adult and per child in a taxi? and not from A to B ect like in the uk. Got a quote from a company from Brisbane Airport to Runaway Bay $80.00 per Adult and $44.00 child return is that the right price you think?

Thanks

Paula
Never heard of it - this sounds like a rip off. Have they quoted you as being a Pom straight off the plane from UK? Alternatively, is this a Maxi Taxi as I'm not sure if they quote per person?

Get a few quotes if I were you, alternatively ask around and see if someone knows of anyone cheaper.

Good luck mate, don't be ripped off. Most Aussies are honest but you get the odd rogue
Old Jun 13th 2009, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

that sounds like a transfer company's quote. i am currently a taxi driver but finish on wednesday when my new company is purchased.
going the opposite way would be less than $190 for everyone in a sedan or a wagon ( estate ) could be a bit difficult depending on suitcasese etc for these a maxi will only cost you more if 5 people or more are travelling as you go on a higher tarrif.
Only brisbane taxis can pick you up from up there and i thought they worked the same as the gc. the one thing i would say is if you arrive at the airport without a taxi booked and walk up to the rank ask how much it would cost to runaway bay and then when he has quoted you ask how much for cash ( not putting the meter on ) as this is better for the driver as he makes all the money so if they are anything like me they will do it cheaper, this also goes for getting around the gold coast as well.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karenjc
that sounds like a transfer company's quote. i am currently a taxi driver but finish on wednesday when my new company is purchased.
going the opposite way would be less than $190 for everyone in a sedan or a wagon ( estate ) could be a bit difficult depending on suitcasese etc for these a maxi will only cost you more if 5 people or more are travelling as you go on a higher tarrif.
Only brisbane taxis can pick you up from up there and i thought they worked the same as the gc. the one thing i would say is if you arrive at the airport without a taxi booked and walk up to the rank ask how much it would cost to runaway bay and then when he has quoted you ask how much for cash ( not putting the meter on ) as this is better for the driver as he makes all the money so if they are anything like me they will do it cheaper, this also goes for getting around the gold coast as well.
Certainly depends on the driver. Some will be lost and overwhelmed long before they even get you to the motorway turn off.

WW
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:30 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I've seen it in the UK, where the larger mini bus taxi's charge more if there are more than 4 people.

up to 4 was normal taxi fair, over 4 was charged at 1.5x fair - still cheaper than getting 2 taxi's from the local in to the city.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:33 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Certainly depends on the driver. Some will be lost and overwhelmed long before they even get you to the motorway turn off.

WW
If they can actually SPEAK English!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

only a thought why dont you hire a car from airport, its a staight dr down to the coast or ask your accomadation supplier if they can give you a price alot of them have deals with taxi firms, you can try.translink.com.au for train & coach prices,
Old Jun 14th 2009, 1:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula Cox
Hi All

Thanks

Paula
There are loads of places where they do this - New York and Toronto are ones that spring to mind that I've done. Flat rates from airport to destination is not unheard of. Depending on time of day it could actually save you money.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:39 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

For those people in Perth,you should google the word "taxi" and see what they look like on there.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of

Hi All

Thanks for your replies, I asked about hire cars, but as we land at 00.40, you can't pick up a hire car between the hours of 00.00 08.00am.

Thanks

Paula