Taxi's

Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all
Default Taxi's

Hi, we will require a taxi from Perth airport to our hotel and had a couple of questions. Is it right you don't tip them and are they all metered taxi's? I was told it's not usual common practice to tip in oz. That will please the tight fisted wife
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:15 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taxi's

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Hi, we will require a taxi from Perth airport to our hotel and had a couple of questions. Is it right you don't tip them and are they all metered taxi's? I was told it's not usual common practice to tip in oz. That will please the tight fisted wife
That's how I understand it. We rarely tip (we made an exception when the guy helped us with our bags from the airport) and haven't been blacklisted yet
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:19 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Watching this with interest as we are sort of in the same boat - we will be arriving in Brisbane though in April and will need a taxi to take us to one of the Brisbane Bound houses in Hendra.
Does anyone know how much this is likely to cost and will it be more as it will be a bank holiday when we arrive?
Sorry if i ve hijacked this question but its all relevant i think.
Janice
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:23 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Watching this with interest as we are sort of in the same boat - we will be arriving in Brisbane though in April and will need a taxi to take us to one of the Brisbane Bound houses in Hendra.
Does anyone know how much this is likely to cost and will it be more as it will be a bank holiday when we arrive?
Sorry if i ve hijacked this question but its all relevant i think.
Janice
You can get an estimate from www.blackandwhitecabs.com.au but it will be higher for the public holiday. Also you get charged $2 for being picked up at the airport (the drivers get charged that for ranking up).
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Depending on how many of you there are, it might be cheaper to use the airport shuttle bus or the Transperth no. 37 bus which is what we used in Jan this year:

http://www.perthairport.com/Default.aspx?MenuID=19
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

Thanks IanandHelena i'll make a note of that.