British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Taxi from Perth airport - book in advance? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/taxi-perth-airport-book-advance-706527/)

Family of 3 Feb 23rd 2011 2:41 am

Taxi from Perth airport - book in advance?

My husband's arriving back from a business trip at 6am on Friday morning so, selfish cow that I am, I won't be going to pick him up.

Is there a cheaper/better alternative than just grabbing a taxi from the airport? Any kind of car service we can pre-book? (His company will pay, so I'm not looking for shuttle bus plus train type combos, but if there's a better way than a taxi it'd be good to know).

He'll be coming to Burns Beach, so I'm guessing taxi will be around $70?

al150n Feb 23rd 2011 3:11 am

Re: Taxi from Perth airport - book in advance?

Originally Posted by Family of 3 (Post 9195368)
My husband's arriving back from a business trip at 6am on Friday morning so, selfish cow that I am, I won't be going to pick him up.

Is there a cheaper/better alternative than just grabbing a taxi from the airport? Any kind of car service we can pre-book? (His company will pay, so I'm not looking for shuttle bus plus train type combos, but if there's a better way than a taxi it'd be good to know).

Get in the car & go get him yourself you lazy mare ;):lol:

Alison x

Family of 3 Feb 23rd 2011 3:16 am

Oi!

Actually Mini keeps waking so early I probably could, but am also arranginng (or trying to but site keeps crashing) Woolies delivery for same slot (too lazy to go to the supermarket too :D)

ozhappy981 Feb 23rd 2011 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Family of 3 (Post 9195368)

You can pre-book Swan Taxis and Tricolor taxis.

al150n Feb 23rd 2011 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Family of 3 (Post 9195405)
Oi!

Actually Mini keeps waking so early I probably could, but am also arranginng (or trying to but site keeps crashing) Woolies delivery for same slot (too lazy to go to the supermarket too :D)

What are you like :confused: :lol:

Alison x

northernbird Feb 23rd 2011 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Family of 3 (Post 9195405)
Oi!

Not too lazy to have lunch though eh ;) :rofl:

al150n Feb 23rd 2011 3:46 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 9195442)
Not too lazy to have lunch though eh ;) :rofl:

No she can always manage that :lol:

Alison x

Ps. Where was my invite?

northernbird Feb 23rd 2011 3:48 am

Originally Posted by al150n (Post 9195447)
No she can always manage that :lol:

Alison x

Ps. Where was my invite?

:( Sorry. If Fo3 doesn't think I am a stark raving nutter then I am quite happy to do it again, I won't forget you then :)

al150n Feb 23rd 2011 3:54 am

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 9195451)
:( Sorry. If Fo3 doesn't think I am a stark raving nutter then I am quite happy to do it again, I won't forget you then :)

:D I'm hopefully meeting up with Fo3 again next week (if she can fit it in to her busy schedule of booking taxis & her shopping deliveries ;)). I'll message you on FB if you fancy joining us.

Alison x

Family of 3 Feb 23rd 2011 4:17 am

I have to meet NB again - I want to hear about her mop.

(Although judging by this I'll be getting a cleaner to wield it.)

(And to tell her about the latest in the saga of why my neighbour must think I'm barking mad.)

northernbird Feb 23rd 2011 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Family of 3 (Post 9195486)
I have to meet NB again - I want to hear about her mop.

(Although judging by this I'll be getting a cleaner to wield it.)

(And to tell her about the latest in the saga of why my neighbour must think I'm barking mad.)

That makes me sound like a boring housewife!! I haven't bought one yet btw, may get round to it tomorrow after my cut and colour. Oh the joys of being a lady who lunches :)

Family of 3 Feb 23rd 2011 4:40 am

Ooh, I'm having a cut tomorrow, presumably at the same place. I'm 11.30, what time are you?

(Then I'm going shopping for cushions.....;))

northernbird Feb 23rd 2011 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Family of 3 (Post 9195516)
Ooh, I'm having a cut tomorrow, presumably at the same place. I'm 11.30, what time are you?

(Then I'm going shopping for cushions.....;))

9am, bet you are the appt after me. Will ask him! Glad you are shopping for cushions, temporary ones just aren't acceptable :)

al150n Feb 23rd 2011 4:56 am

Ohh I have a superb new mop! I am so impressed with it it's quite sad :rofl:

Alison x

deb68 Feb 23rd 2011 10:47 am

My other half would do it for $100 but that would include a foot rub and free bottle of bud:rofl: