Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taxi from Perth airport - book in advance?

Taxi from Perth airport - book in advance?

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taxi from Perth airport - book in advance?

My husband's arriving back from a business trip at 6am on Friday morning so, selfish cow that I am, I won't be going to pick him up.

Is there a cheaper/better alternative than just grabbing a taxi from the airport? Any kind of car service we can pre-book? (His company will pay, so I'm not looking for shuttle bus plus train type combos, but if there's a better way than a taxi it'd be good to know).

He'll be coming to Burns Beach, so I'm guessing taxi will be around $70?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Taxi from Perth airport - book in advance?

Originally Posted by Family of 3
My husband's arriving back from a business trip at 6am on Friday morning so, selfish cow that I am, I won't be going to pick him up.

Is there a cheaper/better alternative than just grabbing a taxi from the airport? Any kind of car service we can pre-book? (His company will pay, so I'm not looking for shuttle bus plus train type combos, but if there's a better way than a taxi it'd be good to know).

Get in the car & go get him yourself you lazy mare

Alison x
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Oi!

Actually Mini keeps waking so early I probably could, but am also arranginng (or trying to but site keeps crashing) Woolies delivery for same slot (too lazy to go to the supermarket too )
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

You can pre-book Swan Taxis and Tricolor taxis.

Last edited by ozhappy981; Feb 23rd 2011 at 3:22 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Oi!

Actually Mini keeps waking so early I probably could, but am also arranginng (or trying to but site keeps crashing) Woolies delivery for same slot (too lazy to go to the supermarket too )
What are you like

Alison x
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Oi!

Not too lazy to have lunch though eh
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
Not too lazy to have lunch though eh
No she can always manage that

Alison x

Ps. Where was my invite?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:48 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
No she can always manage that

Alison x

Ps. Where was my invite?
Sorry. If Fo3 doesn't think I am a stark raving nutter then I am quite happy to do it again, I won't forget you then
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sorry. If Fo3 doesn't think I am a stark raving nutter then I am quite happy to do it again, I won't forget you then
I'm hopefully meeting up with Fo3 again next week (if she can fit it in to her busy schedule of booking taxis & her shopping deliveries ). I'll message you on FB if you fancy joining us.

Alison x
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

I have to meet NB again - I want to hear about her mop.

(Although judging by this I'll be getting a cleaner to wield it.)

(And to tell her about the latest in the saga of why my neighbour must think I'm barking mad.)
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

I have to meet NB again - I want to hear about her mop.

(Although judging by this I'll be getting a cleaner to wield it.)

(And to tell her about the latest in the saga of why my neighbour must think I'm barking mad.)
That makes me sound like a boring housewife!! I haven't bought one yet btw, may get round to it tomorrow after my cut and colour. Oh the joys of being a lady who lunches
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Ooh, I'm having a cut tomorrow, presumably at the same place. I'm 11.30, what time are you?

(Then I'm going shopping for cushions.....)
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

Ooh, I'm having a cut tomorrow, presumably at the same place. I'm 11.30, what time are you?

(Then I'm going shopping for cushions.....)
9am, bet you are the appt after me. Will ask him! Glad you are shopping for cushions, temporary ones just aren't acceptable
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Ohh I have a superb new mop! I am so impressed with it it's quite sad

Alison x
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

My other half would do it for $100 but that would include a foot rub and free bottle of bud