Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax on UK Income

Tax on UK Income

Old Jun 25th 2006, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about
Default Tax on UK Income

Hi , anyone help with this one .....

The Mrs has a hairdressing salon here in the UK , and she's planning to let one of the girls run it while were in Oz , for a length of time to see if we settle .
We're planning on keeping the shop in my wifes name so if we dont like it , for whatever reason and we come home the business will still be open (hopefully ! ) .

The thing that we want to know is , will the business be liable for income tax in the UK and Australia ?
There's something called Double Taxation Agreement , but it doesnt make a lot of sense to me !

Also we're planning on renting out our home , really for the same reasons as above , so will the rental money be liable to tax in both countries too ?

Thanks in advance .

Ali n Ali
Old Jun 26th 2006, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

ali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura aboutali n ali has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tax on UK Income

Originally Posted by ali n ali

The Mrs has a hairdressing salon here in the UK , and she's planning to let one of the girls run it while were in Oz , for a length of time to see if we settle .
We're planning on keeping the shop in my wifes name so if we dont like it , for whatever reason and we come home the business will still be open (hopefully ! ) .

The thing that we want to know is , will the business be liable for income tax in the UK and Australia ?
There's something called Double Taxation Agreement , but it doesnt make a lot of sense to me !

Also we're planning on renting out our home , really for the same reasons as above , so will the rental money be liable to tax in both countries too ?

Thanks in advance .

Ali n Ali

Awwwwwwww ,............ Come on ,any takers ?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:05 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax on UK Income

Tax factsheets here might help:
www.collettandco.com

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ali n ali

Thanks in advance .

Ali n Ali