Tax Returns

Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Daren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax Returns

Hi, my wife has been told from some work mates, that everybody has to send in a tax return.Is this true and if so,any info would be appreciated.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Returns

Originally Posted by Daren
Hi, my wife has been told from some work mates, that everybody has to send in a tax return.Is this true and if so,any info would be appreciated.
Hi Darren. I read your post a few hours ago and am surprised no one has responded yet. I'm certainly not an expert on the matter, but can advise you that if you earn any form of income, your must declare it in a tax return each year. The tax year runs from 1 July to 30 June. Depending on what sort of work you do, you may be able to claim some back. A lot of people employ a tax agent for a small fee, which I believe you can reclaim in the following years tax return. Hopefully, someone else will come along soon and give you more detail.

Regards
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax Returns

I'm no expert either but we both did tax returns for last year (I'm self employed, OH employed), it cost us $99 each to use an agent to do all the workings out and paperwork, and money well spent in my view as OH got a few hundred $$$ rebate (he'll have more this time as he keeps all his work related receipts now!)

If in doubt ring a local tax agent and they can advise you if you need to do a return or not.