Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax return - UK income subject to Aussie tax?

Tax return - UK income subject to Aussie tax?

Old Jul 21st 2014, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tax return - UK income subject to Aussie tax?

Originally Posted by paulry
A tough one, but probably best to contact the ATO tomorrow, explain your mistake and ask their advice on what you need to do to put things right.
Cheers pal, stressing me out all this, if i have got it wrong, well its tough love...Will await their reply by snail mail, then call them. My partner says this happens all the time here in Oz, with all us immigrants, just will have to submit another ammendment form. Would not mind but i paid the HMRC more than i would have paid the ATO. Still messing around. Its this offset figure, should have jut put in what i paid the HMRC and not a lower offest figure. Sometimes i wonder, why be upfront and then need a bypass valve..
Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2014, 1:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
Cheers pal, stressing me out all this, if i have got it wrong, well its tough love...Will await their reply by snail mail, then call them. My partner says this happens all the time here in Oz, with all us immigrants, just will have to submit another ammendment form. Would not mind but i paid the HMRC more than i would have paid the ATO. Still messing around. Its this offset figure, should have jut put in what i paid the HMRC and not a lower offest figure. Sometimes i wonder, why be upfront and then need a bypass valve..
Thanks
Bad move in my opinion - it's more difficult to fix a mistake they discover, than contact them about a mistake you realise you've made. Your choice though.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Bad move in my opinion - it's more difficult to fix a mistake they discover, than contact them about a mistake you realise you've made. Your choice though.
OK, i will call them, once i am certain they have recieved my messed up ammendment form. Posted today, two days? Call them Thursday afternoon..processed by then? Jeez, tax and death, two certainities..lol
Old Jul 21st 2014, 8:10 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
OK, i will call them, once i am certain they have recieved my messed up ammendment form. Posted today, two days? Call them Thursday afternoon..processed by then? Jeez, tax and death, two certainities..lol
It might be better to call them before they receive it so that they can put a "do not process form" flag against your TFN. I hope you get it all sorted in the end.