Reload this Page >

Tax Return Claim

Tax Return Claim

Old Jul 14th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road
Question Tax Return Claim

Hi

How many of you are currently filing your returns and have employed an accountant. I am not sure yet what to do as we have been in the country 5 months and I have a full time job and about to make my return on line. (Hubby is enjoying his liesure time for the moment , lol )

I work for a company and have to travel regulary, but these trips are all paid for, what I am wondering is can I claim for home electric, etc as I work from home a couple of days a week (IT based work) and also possible clothing/ laundry as my job requires me to look presentable.

Any suggestions for all you financially astute people out there ???
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Tax Return Claim

Originally Posted by of2oz
Hi

How many of you are currently filing your returns and have employed an accountant. I am not sure yet what to do as we have been in the country 5 months and I have a full time job and about to make my return on line. (Hubby is enjoying his liesure time for the moment , lol )

I work for a company and have to travel regulary, but these trips are all paid for, what I am wondering is can I claim for home electric, etc as I work from home a couple of days a week (IT based work) and also possible clothing/ laundry as my job requires me to look presentable.

Just bumping it up once
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by of2oz
Hi

My advice for you would be to use a Tax Agent this time, cost about $65-$85, and then do it yourself next year, when you have a better idea what you can claim.

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you living. Then people might be able to recommend a local one
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hevs
Where are you living. Then people might be able to recommend a local one
Thanks
Good idea, I'm in Mount Eliza

Paula
Old Jul 14th 2005, 12:36 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

As a guide for our area, the one we used was in Berwick and cost $65
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 6:51 am
Just Joined

manlymonkeys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
As a guide for our area, the one we used was in Berwick and cost $65
Anyone know of a good one in Sydney or even Manly?

Cheers

Owen