Tax refund

Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:08 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tax refund

How do I go about getting a tax refund without paying someone to do it for me. Or can someone tell me where I can find the forms.

And what other forms do I need to fill in before I go.

I'm really not good at any of this
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Fed Up Waiting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax refund

Originally Posted by Glenat
How do I go about getting a tax refund without paying someone to do it for me. Or can someone tell me where I can find the forms.

Go to the ATO web site download the software its very easy, i have just got all my tax back

G luck
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Fill out form P85 and send it to your local tax office

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nonresidents/fagp85.shtml
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Fed Up Waiting is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WendyC

Ahhhh now the GB tax now thats not so simple
Old Sep 6th 2006, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fed Up Waiting
Ahhhh now the GB tax now thats not so simple

Tax is complicated wherever you are.

They make it that way so you don't know when they are ripping you off
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:17 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Tax is complicated wherever you are.

They make it that way so you don't know when they are ripping you off
Thanks Wendy C, you are a fountain of knowledge.

What would we do without you?!?
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Wendy C, you are a fountain of knowledge.

What would we do without you?!?

You'd all be staying in the UK that's what

It's true though isn't it. Tax and pensions, designed to confuse so you haven't a bloody clue about where your money is going
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

I think you also need to send your P45. So get onto your employer's payroll department, as sometimes they can take a while unless you push.

TC
Old Sep 6th 2006, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
I think you also need to send your P45. So get onto your employer's payroll department, as sometimes they can take a while unless you push.

TC

well yes, it's a lot easier if you do that, otherwise they have to search all you records which will take a lot longer
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:09 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth

TC

Yeah, and your P63 from the previous tax year - though what that has to do with it I have no idea

Don't expect them to be speedy either!

S
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just received a refund for earnings in the 2005 to 2006 tax year. I left the UK in July 2005 so essentially it took 14 months to come through.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:39 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I've just received a refund for earnings in the 2005 to 2006 tax year. I left the UK in July 2005 so essentially it took 14 months to come through.
YIKES that's a long time!

glad you got it in the end though!!
Old Sep 6th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
YIKES that's a long time!

glad you got it in the end though!!

yes but I didn't push it - to be honest I'd written it off. So this came through completely unexpectedly.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

tassiebound is an unknown quantity at this point

R85 and back two sheets of your P45 to local tax office.

Mine took 6 weeks, the wife's took 2
Old Sep 6th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Tax refund

Tax refund in the UK is easy as! Please don't pay an agent to do it unless you have complicated affairs. I filled it in as I am now not working till I go to Oz in 2 weeks and I got my juicy cheque for £980 back within 7 weeks for the 2006/2007 tax year. That's paid for my flight and shipping, thank you kindly Mr HMRC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.