Wikiposts

Tax File Number

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:06 pm
F.U.B.A.R

Homer will become famous soon enoughHomer will become famous soon enough
Default Tax File Number

Hi can anyone help i have read that you have to have a permanent address to get one but we do not have one yet we are staying in a B&B till we find a place we want to live in is there anyother way to get one thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:10 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Tax File Number

Originally Posted by Homer
Hi can anyone help i have read that you have to have a permanent address to get one but we do not have one yet we are staying in a B&B till we find a place we want to live in is there anyother way to get one thanks
You don't need a perm address. Give your B&B address and change with the tax office once you get somewhere perm to live. Tell your B&B as they can fwd your Tax file number if you've moved. We did

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:11 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Don't quote me but if you go online and give that address they may well give you a TFN. You can always change it later. In my experience the ATO doesn't seem to want to know you anyway!
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:15 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Don't quote me but if you go online and give that address they may well give you a TFN. You can always change it later. In my experience the ATO doesn't seem to want to know you anyway!
Yep...that's exactly what we did via internet cafe....and got the TFN straight away.

We then informed the Hotel and they fwd the letter once we moved. We then rang the Tax office to change our address. Easy peasy