Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tax credits ????

Tax credits ????

Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all
Default Tax credits ????

We are getting ready to leave for Perth in the next 4 weeks, I'm writing lists like a woman posessed at the moment and have got totally stuck on the Tax credits bit.

Does anyone know what you do, is there some form to fill out ? I've doen some searches but can't find anyting yet.

I seem to have got the utility bit of the planning sussed now bu I keep thinking there is somthing major I could have forgotten.

What bits of paper work do we need to take with us fr arrival ?? This one is stressing me too. Gonna end up taking everything at this rate and using one persons baggage allowance for paper work wouldn't go down too well.

Any pointers would be fab.
Any one else leaving around the same time ??

Cheers
Shona
Old Aug 20th 2008, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tax credits ????

Hi Shona

We are heading to Port Kennedy on the 19/10/08. Where are you heading?

I contacted tax credits and they advised that I would have to contact them about a week before I left with a new contact address. Am going to give my sisters in the UK until I get somewhere permanent over in Oz which they said was ok. They advised that we would get an annual review sent out to us next year around the same time as we did this year which we have to complete and this has to include all income earned up to Apr 09 including wages etc earned over there.
They gave me a telephone number to call once I am in Australia if I need to get in touch and is 00 44 289 053 8192

Hope this helps

Erica
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Leisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura aboutLeisa has a spectacular aura about

Ring them and they will enter it on their computer.

If you are lucky that will be it or like loads of others they will keep paying you and ignore your change of address and phone calls for 6 months when the penny will finally drop and they will stop paying you. Cynical yes
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tayles
Hi Shona

We are heading to Port Kennedy on the 19/10/08. Where are you heading?

Hope this helps

Erica

Hi Erica,
We are heading off on the 21/09/08 Were staying with some good friends in Ballajura. We must be in the same boat with all this paper work stuff. Its driving me crazy. Now I am trying to figure out what references we need to take for what ?

Cheers for the info about the tax credits I called them and they told me the same as what you said. I'm just worried they hit me with a great big over payment charge !!

Good luck with all your planning
Shona

Cheers for the
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:56 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hadn't even thought about that I guess that means we've also got to stop child benefit.

We're arriving in Port Kennedy on the 23rd October, so i've been stressing about everything else ie. dollar rate, tax, CGT, shipping, pensions etc etc
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
Hi Erica,
We are heading off on the 21/09/08 Were staying with some good friends in Ballajura. We must be in the same boat with all this paper work stuff. Its driving me crazy. Now I am trying to figure out what references we need to take for what ?

Cheers for the info about the tax credits I called them and they told me the same as what you said. I'm just worried they hit me with a great big over payment charge !!

Shona

Cheers for the
Should be ok if you have given them your correct income figure. We received too much a while back and haven't received any credit for about the last 4 years. Was just away to start receiving some again at the end of Sept. Typical!!

Could you give me some info on Ballajura. OH had a telephone this week for a job in Guildford. Haven't really done any research on the surrounding area but Ballajura house prices look reasonable. is it a good area, schools etc?

Thanks
Erica
Originally Posted by mary1967
Hadn't even thought about that I guess that means we've also got to stop child benefit.

We're arriving in Port Kennedy on the 23rd October, so i've been stressing about everything else ie. dollar rate, tax, CGT, shipping, pensions etc etc
Fraid so about the child benefit. Know what you mean about stressing out. At this rate all my luggage allowance will be taken up with paperwork
PM me your address in Port Kennedy.

Erica
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

cazw1405 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
Hi Erica,

Shona

Cheers for the
Hi Shona

Bloody Tax credits!!!!! I rang them and told them we were leaving in September at the end of June as we needed to contact them before 31st July as its end of our claim. Told them my mums address in Australia and that we would be there after 8th of September and they have already started sending stuff to her address!! They are now trying to tell me They have over paid me by £167.26. Letter was sent to Australia and read to me over the phone. Phoned them and they assure me now I have updated my claim all is fine but so stressed at them! What a mess their system is!!

Sorry just had to have a rage!!!!:curse:

Caz x
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:54 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tayles
Should be ok if you have given them your correct income figure. We received too much a while back and haven't received any credit for about the last 4 years. Was just away to start receiving some again at the end of Sept. Typical!!

Could you give me some info on Ballajura. OH had a telephone this week for a job in Guildford. Haven't really done any research on the surrounding area but Ballajura house prices look reasonable. is it a good area, schools etc?

Thanks
Erica

Fraid so about the child benefit. Know what you mean about stressing out. At this rate all my luggage allowance will be taken up with paperwork
PM me your address in Port Kennedy.

Erica
We're staying with friends for the first week or two, so as soon as i get a proper address i'll PM you
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

don't get me started on Tax credits - absolutely useless the lot of them.

i remember reading somewhere on BE (or maybe the Other forum) a while back that you should still be entitled to both tax credits and child benefit for up to a month after you leave the country. not sure if this is still true.

make sure you dont get short changed because if we get it wrong, man, do we pay!:curse: