Tattoos

Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Kris 327 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tattoos

Hi
I am just about to apply to SAPOL as a police officer I am a police officer in the uk the question I ask is does anyone know of anybody who has been sussesful with their application to SAPOL having visible tattoos? I have a sleeve tattoo on my right arm and it's easily covered in uk on the job with long sleeves clothing or my flesh colored sleeve!but I feel this might hinder my progress in the early stages of trying to join the force

Thanks kris
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tattoos

A mate of mine is a copper in WA. He's got loads.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Tattoos

Thanks for your reply does he have them visible on his arms etc ?
Thanks again
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody in Aus or NZ gives a toss about tattoos they are everywhere you will have no problems
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Tattoos

Hey thanks man that's the kind of answer I've been hoping for respect and thanks!
Kris
Old Mar 16th 2011, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

There are two main styles here for tattoos, one is for the full arm sleeve of black work or the sleeve of full colour oriental styled images. And as nearly every other person you see has them i don't see it has a problem?
My hubby has a sleeve of koi fish on his left arm and a pile of rubbish stuff on his left shin, he used to tattoo and thought he would use his own body to practice on years ago And all he gets are questions like WHAT THE CRAIGIE IS THAT MATE he then spends hours going on about how he used to tattoo and they usually all end up mates and go off laughing with each other, so no worries mate.
Seriously - it's probably like most cultures/communities the older they are the less tollerant they seem, the younger onesm accept it has the norm because they have the same, but over here everyone just does there own thing usually.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Only the other day I saw a Victoria policewoman in short sleeves and both her arms were covered in colourful tattoos. Must admit I did a double-take Tattoos are a lot more mainstrem here than I've ever noticed in Europe.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Tattoos are so common here that it's cool not to have them.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 3:40 am
Just Joined

gemsticks is a jewel in the roughgemsticks is a jewel in the roughgemsticks is a jewel in the roughgemsticks is a jewel in the rough

I'm applying for QLD police and I have a tatoo on my wrist I was concerned about, spoke to them at a Police Seminar and so long as they aren't offensive they have no problem with tats! Good Luck!