Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tattie scones, Paxo and Quavers

Tattie scones, Paxo and Quavers

Old May 2nd 2005, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Tattie scones, Paxo and Quavers

Just for anyone in the area, we went for a walk along the waterfront at Redcliffe and had a spot of lunch. Down one of the little arcades, was a shop selling British products. Tried to remember the name of it, but memory like a sieve .

It didn't have as much as I'd hoped and I'm not missing much at the moment anyway, haven't been here long enough. (except Bisto gravy...)

I did get excited when I spotted the potato scones (this will interest the Scottish contingency more), and they even have square sausage, although, I never touched that stuff even when I was in Edinburgh!

Other things like, Scotsh Pies, british choccy bars like Rolos and Munchies.

The prices did reflect the fact that you can't buy any of it in the average Aussie store, but I may have to go and purchase some tattie scones!
Old May 2nd 2005, 4:43 am
"Whats That In Pounds?"

PIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant futurePIXAU has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tattie scones, Paxo and Quavers

Originally Posted by logan
Just for anyone in the area, we went for a walk along the waterfront at Redcliffe and had a spot of lunch. Down one of the little arcades, was a shop selling British products. Tried to remember the name of it, but memory like a sieve .

It didn't have as much as I'd hoped and I'm not missing much at the moment anyway, haven't been here long enough. (except Bisto gravy...)

I did get excited when I spotted the potato scones (this will interest the Scottish contingency more), and they even have square sausage, although, I never touched that stuff even when I was in Edinburgh!

Other things like, Scotsh Pies, british choccy bars like Rolos and Munchies.

The prices did reflect the fact that you can't buy any of it in the average Aussie store, but I may have to go and purchase some tattie scones!
There is a great shop on the main street of Caloundra where you can buy all the UK branded sweets and chocs. As I've said a million times "They're called Polo's not bloody Lifesavers"!!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Theres one called the Chocolate Boulevard in the Myers Centre Food Court in Queens Street as well. They have a really wide range of stuff, though you can't always predict what will be in at any one time.
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Thank God they sell Quavers, thats all my 1 year old will eat
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:43 am
Wahroonga Boy

Wahroonga Boy will become famous soon enough

where's Redcliffe?
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wahroonga Boy
where's Redcliffe?
Brisbane, but for us Sydneysiders there's a British sweetie (not lolly ) shop in the Mall at Darling Harbour
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know of anywhere in Melbourne?
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
David Jones has a selection of imported UK food stuff but quite pricey.

Mrs JTL
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:26 am
Wahroonga Boy

Wahroonga Boy will become famous soon enough

The only thing I miss and I can't get in Oz is Dean's Shortbread. Tried all the british shops....
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
David Jones has a selection of imported UK food stuff but quite pricey.

Mrs JTL
Thanks for that.... will have a look !!
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:30 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by logan

but I may have to go and purchase some tattie scones!
MMMMMMMMMMMM Tattie scones
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:55 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pootle
Lovely shop up in the Dandenongs - Hevs took us there, so she could tell you, and I think Bordy knows it as well. Near a fab toy shop called Geppettos.
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Lovely shop up in the Dandenongs - Hevs took us there, so she could tell you, and I think Bordy knows it as well. Near a fab toy shop called Geppettos.
Thank you! Hevs...do you know?
Pootle
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes its in Sassafras Polly, you can even get Barrs Irn Bru there to.
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:18 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yes its in Sassafras Polly, you can even get Barrs Irn Bru there to.
Thats the one! Well done, real treasure trove, with Clarinco Mint Creams, Blackpool Rock, Frys Orange Cream....and loads more. Don't think The Bloke has forgiven Hevs for taking me there!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.