Tassie

Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:16 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tassie

What do you lot think of Tassie - the ones that live there?
Is there enough to do and enough retail therapy?
Or is it as dull as NZ?
I know it's as cold!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:53 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tassie

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Or is it as dull as NZ?
I know it's as cold!
As 'dull' as NZ?

Is there enough to 'do'?

Oh, I can't even bring myself to answer. Someone else do it.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
As 'dull' as NZ?

Is there enough to 'do'?

Oh, I can't even bring myself to answer. Someone else do it.

Nah, go for it. You know you want to
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
Nah, go for it. You know you want to

No, I really don't. I'll only get mad. This sort of thing depresses me. I wonder why people come to such beautiful countries and then moan there's nothing to do.

London's good for shopping. Go there.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
No, I really don't. I'll only get mad. This sort of thing depresses me. I wonder why people come to such beautiful countries and then moan there's nothing to do.

London's good for shopping. Go there.

The place is only as boring as the person who is bored
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Indeed.

What's wrong with google these days?

Type in 'Things to do Tasmania' and go from there.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:31 am

gedge has disabled reputation

my teacher used to say "intelligent people are never bored"
never understood what she meant
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gedge
my teacher used to say "intelligent people are never bored"
never understood what she meant

I think she got it wrong. I'm always bored
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:39 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your replies guys; really helpful.
I'm off to Tassie then. See ya.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry hun

If you speak to Possums she will give you loads on info on Tassie I'm sure. Although she won't be online til later on
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely stunning country!
Its not always cold, I've been there in temps of 30+ (though they are rare), beautiful sunshine, usually around the mid twenties in summer. Winters can be cold and snowy.
Loads of historical places to visit, loads of natural beauty, depends what you are after really. If you like long walks, isolation, mountains, forests etc then you are in for a real treat.
Not a big place for retail therapy - plenty of touristy shops with beautiful wooden items, and some plastic tat (of course).

And look out for tigers.....

http://www.discovertasmania.com.au/home/index.cfm
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:51 am
Account Closed

Great. Have fun.

Be careful. They speak slower than South Islanders. When you go into a pub, the locals will all go quiet and stare at you, a bit like that scene out of American Werewolf in London.

The locals all look a bit like this:

and shop folk a bit like this

I've heard they also eat their children to appease the sun god and to improve the harvest.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Oh, and it's much more dull than NZ. Nothing to do at all. Annual toe nail clipping competition is really a blast though.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

are you thinking Tassie to live or holiday?
i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a holiday, plenty to do and see for sure
but as for living, maybe that depends on what your expectations are
you will be hard pressed to find many Tassie residents on BE, maybe they're all off enjoying life
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
are you thinking Tassie to live or holiday?
i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a holiday, plenty to do and see for sure
but as for living, maybe that depends on what your expectations are
you will be hard pressed to find many Tassie residents on BE, maybe they're all off enjoying life
here's a resident!!!
we like it.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Or is it as dull as NZ?
I know it's as cold!
not as cold as NZ, having lived in Wgtn also.
i didn't find NZ dull.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.