Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For Tasmanians and country folk everywhere

For Tasmanians and country folk everywhere

Old Mar 10th 2005, 6:44 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default For Tasmanians and country folk everywhere

I often get into trouble for my references to Australian news.

However, living in rural Derbyshire, this caught my interest

A welcome development for all us shy country folk:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...6-1702,00.html

The mind boggles

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:04 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: For Tasmanians and country folk everywhere

Originally Posted by Grayling

The mind boggles

G
I'm just amazed it's taken scientists so long to breed bare-bottomed sheep; after all, they've been breeding students like that for years...!

Anya.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:21 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

The mind boggles

G
LOL i'll definatley be looking out for them when we arrive

dont think they would survive very well here in Derbyshire though
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:24 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
LOL i'll definatley be looking out for them when we arrive

dont think they would survive very well here in Derbyshire though
Where are you from Possoms?

I live near Matlock

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:27 pm

Where are you from Possoms?

I live near Matlock

G
sunny (not) stoney middleton
Old Mar 10th 2005, 8:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by possoms
sunny (not) stoney middleton
Derbyshire is beautiful though isn't it?

G
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:13 am

G
Hi yes it is very beautiful and is going to take some beating scenery wise, funny but I now find myself looking at it all in a very different way and seeing things I never noticed before and thinking are we mad to leave this?

We certainly wont ever be able afford to come back here.

But summer will be here soon and it will take me 10 mins to get out of my drive for bloody tourist traffic, and if i need to nip to the co-op in Bakewell there will be no where to park, as for going up to Monsal Head or Castleton forget it ....sorry winge over
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

G
But it's possibly a bit too cold to have a bare bum in
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by moneypen20
But it's possibly a bit too cold to have a bare bum in
It's never stopped me

G
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:22 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

It's never stopped me

G

Thats my night ruined with that bloody vision .
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't realise you were near Matlock, G.

We've spent some beautiful weekends up there and around ( we were North Notts ).

How's your plans going?
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

The mind boggles

G
Talking of rural stories and boggling minds, there was an article in the Aussie news yesterday entitled "Rural Teens Baby Boom", about the soaring teenage pregnancy rate amongst schoolgirls. The second para, which amused me immensely, reads:

"Victorian MP Sharman Stone blamed foreign doctors with little cultural understanding of Australia, and the impact of the drought, for the astonishing pregnancy rate. "

I still haven't worked out how it all fits together!! Any ideas?

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2862,00.html
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:31 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Didn't realise you were near Matlock, G.

We've spent some beautiful weekends up there and around ( we were North Notts ).

How's your plans going?
Hi leigh

Probably on hold for maybe a couple of years.

We are waiting for Mrs. G to get made redundant rather than retire. Likely in the next year.

I have decided to go back to work for a while

We are no hurry as we will probably simply retire to Australia.

I will write an update when I know for definite what we are doing

Best wishes

G
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:33 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by steandleigh

I used to work in Mansfield,Worksop and Retford.

My wife was brought up in Mansfield.

G
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
"Victorian MP Sharman Stone blamed foreign doctors with little cultural understanding of Australia, and the impact of the drought, for the astonishing pregnancy rate. "

I still haven't worked out how it all fits together!! Any ideas?

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2862,00.html
Perhaps the doctors all had fast bicycles and didn't need much to drink

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.