Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tasmania (continued!)

Tasmania (continued!)

Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:45 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Tasmania (continued!)

Hi the beach is in Bridport, Possums could walk down there in 5 minutes.
We camped next to the beach for the weekend was lovely falling asleep with the sound of the sea, We will be camping up there again soon.
We bought ourselves a decent tent then we can go camping lots around Tassie as its so nice and cheap. Here is another picture from Bridport.

Gary Vikky and Hollie.
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania (continued!)-bridport-march-09-097.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Possums
great photos

I have a scanner I'll see if I can do a list
Good job it's not the other way round - otherwise you'd all get to see how many packets of Maryland cookies (half price in Tesco's) i bought today!
It was Andy that made me - he's a secret cookie monster! (i know he'll read this )
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi the beach is in Bridport, Possums could walk down there in 5 minutes.
We camped next to the beach for the weekend was lovely falling asleep with the sound of the sea, We will be camping up there again soon.
We bought ourselves a decent tent then we can go camping lots around Tassie as its so nice and cheap. Here is another picture from Bridport.

Gary Vikky and Hollie.

They are lovely beaches...
I love the sound of the sea - so that sounds idyllic. I must admit i have NEVER been camping. Andy did buy a big tent last year out of his 40th birthday money & he's been collecting camping equipment since....we're just waiting for the nice weather over here before we can make a family camping trip! He's very interested in doing more serious camping once we get to Tassie. Jury's out as to whether i'll be joining in on the fun - i'll have to see how i get on experiencing it over here 1st....
What kind of prices do the sites charge for the weekend for a tent?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:18 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hi,
The camping trip was really nice, We had a powered site and fit two tents on it with 4 adults and it cost $20 per night, So even if you had one tent on it $20 per a night is not bad, For unpowered sites it was $16 the site had showers and clean toilets to. Even had a baby bath so it was really good with Hollie, The showers, washing machines and dryers all cost $1 to use.
I would really recommend it, So cheap and gets you out into the open, When we was camping we saw Possums which we see every day at home and also had an Owl in the tree near us.
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:28 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Good job it's not the other way round - otherwise you'd all get to see how many packets of Maryland cookies (half price in Tesco's) i bought today!
It was Andy that made me - he's a secret cookie monster! (i know he'll read this )
lets see if it works!

homebrand spag sauce
dolmio bechamel .... yes I know I should make my own!!
HB CHS = shredded cheese
Biore facial wash
A/Pur = Ambi Pur plug in thing
Cussons body wash
SRBT are toilet rolls

fak its massive
Old Mar 26th 2009, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,
The camping trip was really nice, We had a powered site and fit two tents on it with 4 adults and it cost $20 per night, So even if you had one tent on it $20 per a night is not bad, For unpowered sites it was $16 the site had showers and clean toilets to. Even had a baby bath so it was really good with Hollie, The showers, washing machines and dryers all cost $1 to use.
I would really recommend it, So cheap and gets you out into the open, When we was camping we saw Possums which we see every day at home and also had an Owl in the tree near us.
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Sounds great about the facilities - I know most modern sites have great facilities but i'm still haunted by childhood caravan holidays and weeing in a bucket during the middle of the night to save going to the communal toilets at 3am! Good they provide simple things like a babybath - always makes life easier. I remember having to bath both of my two on holiday in the sink before now as there was only a shower.
My two kids love being outdoors so i know they'll love camping - so for their sake i will definitely give it a go.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

lets see if it works!

homebrand spag sauce
dolmio bechamel .... yes I know I should make my own!!
HB CHS = shredded cheese
Biore facial wash
A/Pur = Ambi Pur plug in thing
Cussons body wash
SRBT are toilet rolls

http://usera.ImageCave.com/tilly/IMG.jpg

fak its massive
Hi Possums - thanks for doing that. Its quite interesting to see the price of everyday products. Some dont look too bad cost-wise - although i see good old chocolate is still very expensive compared to over here
The cheese i thought was expensive - is cheese one of the things that is?
I thought what with Tasmania being renowned for making cheese that it would be slightly cheaper - or is that not the way it works?

Hope you enjoyed your lasagne if you had it today!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 8:53 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Possums - thanks for doing that. Its quite interesting to see the price of everyday products. Some dont look too bad cost-wise - although i see good old chocolate is still very expensive compared to over here
The cheese i thought was expensive - is cheese one of the things that is?
I thought what with Tasmania being renowned for making cheese that it would be slightly cheaper - or is that not the way it works?

Hope you enjoyed your lasagne if you had it today!
HI yeah choc is quite dear works out about 90p for a snickers, how much are they back home now?

cheese can be dear well it is in the UK isnt it, that cheese on there is a bag of grated so dearer again... I was a lazy shopper that day

I made a Moussaka it was a couple of weeks ago
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

HI yeah choc is quite dear works out about 90p for a snickers, how much are they back home now?

cheese can be dear well it is in the UK isnt it, that cheese on there is a bag of grated so dearer again... I was a lazy shopper that day

I made a Moussaka it was a couple of weeks ago
Hi Possums, i think from a shop an individual bar of snickers or similar is about 50-60p now, so quite a big difference really.
Grated cheese is dear over here as well so you're right. We get through a lot of cheese in my house - must spend well over £5 a week on just cheese.

I thought it was a list of shopping you'd done yesterday I saw spaghetti sauce, white sauce and assumed it was lasagne! Moussaka's lovely, if i go anywhere Greek on holiday i tend to eat it every other day!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Wahaay Possoms I've just seen a glimpse of Bridport on Getaway! They showed the flying teapot cafe and Barnbaugle dunes golf course (not sure of spelling) It looks fantastic, I'm definitely putting Bridport on one of our must get to destinations next summer! You're very lucky living in such a beautiful place.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Agent just rang Andy - the viewer from tues has been in touch - still wants to arrange a 2nd viewing with his wife. He wanted to make an offer but the agent has told him to wait till his wife has seen the property! Personally i think he should have made the offer anyway - because if it's going to be really low we can then save them an unnecessary trip to Romford! Hopefully we'll know by the weekend when they're both going to come. Back to playing the waiting game!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:21 am
Karoola!!!!!!

Agent just rang Andy - the viewer from tues has been in touch - still wants to arrange a 2nd viewing with his wife. He wanted to make an offer but the agent has told him to wait till his wife has seen the property! Personally i think he should have made the offer anyway - because if it's going to be really low we can then save them an unnecessary trip to Romford! Hopefully we'll know by the weekend when they're both going to come. Back to playing the waiting game!
Here's hoping everything is going to go ok for you and they buy the house. Will be good to have anouther ex pat over here, But its getting full in Tassie so might have to shut the gates soon to stop it getting like WA.
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Here's hoping everything is going to go ok for you and they buy the house. Will be good to have anouther ex pat over here, But its getting full in Tassie so might have to shut the gates soon to stop it getting like WA.
Gary Vikky and Hollie
Thanks! Don't shut the gates till we get there! I can't see Tas ever getting as full of expats as WA is - thankfully!
Old Mar 26th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Great news Cathy will keep all crossed for you, my brother has been selling his house in Romford too and he sold it to a person with no chain on Monday, albeit for a lot less than they wanted, but at least its gone now (hopefully all goes through really quickly). x
Old Mar 26th 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Great news Cathy will keep all crossed for you, my brother has been selling his house in Romford too and he sold it to a person with no chain on Monday, albeit for a lot less than they wanted, but at least its gone now (hopefully all goes through really quickly). x
Hi Corinne, thanks & that's good news about your brother's house...Hope it goes through quickly & smoothly for them. Have noticed a fair few sold signs around Romford last week or so, so people definitely buying now which is better than it was a few months ago!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.