Tasmania

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tasmania

Hi,
We (Husband Rich and 3 dogs) are in Westbury (20 mins from Lonnie).

Have been here since middle Jan.

Cathy
Old Feb 26th 2008, 10:55 am
Just Joined

kazmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all we are planning to head out to tas in june,just wondering where the best place to head for,whats the weather like in june.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kazmatt
hi all we are planning to head out to tas in june,just wondering where the best place to head for,whats the weather like in june.
Hi check out our tasmania?? thread!

I'm afraid June is the height of winter! I've not experienced one as yet, only been here since oct 07. But I am told they are mild compared to the UK. Things are starting to get a bit chilly now, I think summer is finished We experienced temps of 17-25c on average over summer with the odd day of over 30c. So very pleasant, not too hot, just how I like it. Its been the driest summer on record this year with about 3mm of rain in total for Jan. So the grass is really brown at the moment, we've had a couple of days of good rain recently but could do with more really as the ground still seems dry.

What profession are you in? and when are you coming to Tas?

Kerry
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kezzabird

I'm afraid June is the height of winter! I've not experienced one as yet, only been here since oct 07. But I am told they are mild compared to the UK. Things are starting to get a bit chilly now, I think summer is finished We experienced temps of 17-25c on average over summer with the odd day of over 30c. So very pleasant, not too hot, just how I like it. Its been the driest summer on record this year with about 3mm of rain in total for Jan. So the grass is really brown at the moment, we've had a couple of days of good rain recently but could do with more really as the ground still seems dry.

Kerry
Doh just read you are coming in June
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Yes June is winter but only the start of winter so it can still be warm when the sun shines ( the first two times I visited Tas where in June actually) It doesnt get really cold until July and stays cold until October.

are you coming on hols or to stay- if on hold then the best tourist places are Port Arthur, Freycinet Peninsula ( wineglass bay- in the top ten beaches in the world) Strahan- west wilderness, Cradle Mountain- stunning and probably snow in June. and HObart for Salamanca Market !!

Nat xx

Originally Posted by kezzabird

Kerry