Tasmania??

Old May 10th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
here are three tasty Aussie birds, a motorist's friend, and a view of Hobart from the top of the mountain:
Hi Folks
Three tasty australian birds........ very educational
Great contributions thankyou
Cheers Oldgit
Old May 10th 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldgit
Hi Folks
Cheers Oldgit
hello Oldgit-that sounds rude, what's your name?

i remember in a previous post you were reminiscing about Joss Naylor, the famous fell-runner from Wasdale.

Are you aware of the DVD of his 60th birthday run around 60 peaks in the Lakes? We have it and it's excellent stuff-it's available from this website, which also has lots of other great stuff:

http://www.bazaarbuilder.com/cgi-bin...hant=tumpline#

Joss's DVD is the 3rd one down, item SEPD0026.
Old May 10th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks
Cheers Oldgit
here are a couple of other Lakes sites you may like:

http://www.wasdaleweb.co.uk/wasdalewebcam.html

http://www.leaney.org/

Hel and I attempted to do part of Waiwright's itinerary for this one and failed miserably (as did Wainwright! - too much in each day)) but the scenery was awesome:

http://www.leaney.org/wainwrightmemorialwalk.php
Old May 10th 2008, 10:31 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hi Cathy
Well we can start with the Irish Connemara ponies and maybe i will PM you with the rest as we go along in case the other contributors might get bored .
So Eden pics 1 2 and 3 are of Irish horses brought into Australia.
Cheers Oldgit
Oldgit,
No I was laughing to much to push it back,
The other thing I forgot to to mention the numberplate was two letters then 6666. mmmmmm Think that tells you something!!!
As for the picis old git put them on here would love to see them.
Tassie is a photographers dream so many nice places for pictures which also change every day depending on the light.
Just got up and given wifey her Mother to be day card and present. Do you think I should make breakfast for her?
Gary
Old May 11th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Hi Cathy
Well we can start with the Irish Connemara ponies and maybe i will PM you with the rest as we go along in case the other contributors might get bored .
So Eden pics 1 2 and 3 are of Irish horses brought into Australia.
Cheers Oldgit
Hi Oldgit - just got to show my daughter the pony pictures....
2 questions from her
1) can i ride them?
2) do they bite?

Old May 11th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Oldgit,
The other thing I forgot to to mention the numberplate was two letters then 6666. mmmmmm Think that tells you something!!!
Tassie is a photographers dream so many nice places for pictures which also change every day depending on the light.
Just got up and given wifey her Mother to be day card and present. Do you think I should make breakfast for her?
Gary
Hi Gary - hope you made breakfast for your wife!

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mum's (or Mum's to be) in Tassie!
Old May 11th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

hello Oldgit-that sounds rude, what's your name?

i remember in a previous post you were reminiscing about Joss Naylor, the famous fell-runner from Wasdale.

Are you aware of the DVD of his 60th birthday run around 60 peaks in the Lakes? We have it and it's excellent stuff-it's available from this website, which also has lots of other great stuff:

http://www.bazaarbuilder.com/cgi-bin...hant=tumpline#

Joss's DVD is the 3rd one down, item SEPD0026.
Hi Folks my name is Peter
oldgit appeals to my warped sense of humour
No I was not aware of the DVD thankyou very much for the link
The race to the White House ( In westbury) for old fashioned stone baked bread and home made pies
Cheers Oldgit
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania??-100_1556.jpg  
Old May 11th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by travelbug
I'm going to show these to Eden a bit later....(currently in work - but as you can see checking B.expats - naughty i know!)
Lovely pics....
One of the perks of the job
Thanks I liked your vapour trails too soon be you in a vapour trail overhead and someone will be taking a pic of yours coming from your plane
Cheers Peter (Oldgit)
Old May 11th 2008, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

here are a couple of other Lakes sites you may like:

http://www.wasdaleweb.co.uk/wasdalewebcam.html

http://www.leaney.org/

Hel and I attempted to do part of Waiwright's itinerary for this one and failed miserably (as did Wainwright! - too much in each day)) but the scenery was awesome:

http://www.leaney.org/wainwrightmemorialwalk.php
Right that should keep me out of mischief for a bit You two know your stuff
Wainwright is legendry.
Can't keep up with you two
Cheers Peter
Old May 11th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Oldgit,
Gary
Hello Gary
Cheers Mate i bet they weren't laughing
6666 It sure does.
Pics coming up later
Yes a photographers paradise
jBreakfast for her....... don't go there..... well maybe just this once
Treat em mean keep em keen
Cheers Peter, oldgit, and marriage guidance counsellor
Old May 11th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi Oldgit - just got to show my daughter the pony pictures....
2 questions from her
1) can i ride them?
2) do they bite?

1) when you get a bit older they are a bit big for you to ride just yet.
2) well they could but i don't think they would

Dexter cows for you.... belong to same Aussie lady who has the ponies...we provide the grass

Cheers Peter (Oldgit)
Attached Thumbnails Tasmania??-100_1663.jpg   Tasmania??-100_1751.jpg   Tasmania??-100_1752.jpg  
Old May 11th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello Gary
Cheers Mate i bet they weren't laughing
6666 It sure does.
Pics coming up later
Yes a photographers paradise
jBreakfast for her....... don't go there..... well maybe just this once
Treat em mean keep em keen
Cheers Peter, oldgit, and marriage guidance counsellor
"Treat em mean keep em keen! "
I thought that was the rule us women followed nowadays!
Old May 11th 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

1) when you get a bit older they are a bit big for you to ride just yet.
2) well they could but i don't think they would

Dexter cows for you.... belong to same Aussie lady who has the ponies...we provide the grass

Cheers Peter (Oldgit)
Thanks again for the pics!
I have a question for you locals.... What kind of cows are used for the cheese that the Island is famous for? (i love all kinds of cheese! )
and is all the cheese produced on King Island or on the main island itself?
Old May 11th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boy its been hot here today.....temperature was 32degrees when we got in our car earlier - did go down a bit - but it's still in the high 20's!
Certainly not used to this good weather in May - it's been nice for almost a week now - and i think its set to continue for a bit longer...

hows the weather been for everyone where you are???

So hot yesterday afternoon that when i got in from work we decided to go on a picnic for the evening....
Went to a place i will miss terribly when we eventually move as i've spent a lot of time over the years there.... Bedfords Park in Havering Atte Bower, just 5mins drive from where we currently live. My dad has although a gardener for his job - was always a fisherman in his leisure time - and i spent many days as a child over the fishing lake here with him, my Mum and my brothers....the park is a historic parkland site owned and managed by the London Borough of Havering. There's now a big visitors centre built on the site of the former mansion there, and depending on where you are the park commands superb views over much of east London and into Kent......the trees are absolutely beautiful and they have lots of protected deer there.
Sometimes with countryside like this on our doorstep i do wonder why we want to move from Essex......but then i drive back home and realise why all over again!

Anyway, if anyone's interested - Here's a couple of pics of the kids last night enjoying themselves at the park....

Tasmania??-bedfords.jpg

Tasmania??-dscf0536.jpg

Tasmania??-dscf0537.jpg

Tasmania??-dscf0528.jpg

Tasmania??-dscf0522.jpg
Old May 11th 2008, 8:48 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hey Cathy with them pics you trying to tempt us over to Romford????
As for cheese there is lots of places that make cheese over here one of the companies is called Ashgrove http://www.ashgrovecheese.com.au/ they do all sorts of flavours. Another place is out past Scottsdale heading towards St Helens on the east coat. Pyganna(Probalby not spelt right) In Launceston there is a shop called Warsthaus which does lots of nice cheese from all over.
Gary Vikky and Bump

Last edited by GaryVFR8; May 11th 2008 at 8:52 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.