Tasmania??

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by jerzo
Well Im gone for just one day and look what has happened

Sam.....Im so sorry about the Visa situation....how on earth they managed that

Bishops.....I hope you are all ok ?? You must be going through so much at the minute mentally&emotionally,Take Care & keep us posted xx

Beth...we felt exactly the same as you ...i'm sure your house will sell xxx Its just soooo stressful and it can't happen fast enough,especially when you want to get going with the next part of your life!

I haven't gone and read everything...house full of kids as i have my neice & nephew today so 6 kids running riot!!!

I hope all is ok with everyone else xxx
Hi Jerzo, yeah an emotional roller coaster at the mo. Need to come back to get my head sorted out. Still have 3 years left on the visa but for us the time is not right at the moment, not coping too well without family and friends. You know its going to be hard but you dont realise how hard!! NEver say never though, we may be back!!!! lol
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:54 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
lol no Tas aint that bad, Im just not coping very well being so far away from my family. Need to go back to get my head sorted. We have 3 years left on the visas so we are never saying never. I have learnt that the grass isnt greener, same shit just different country. Also been finding it really hard to live on the crap wages here compaired to the cost of shopping etc.

Tell me about it. Been here for over 6 months and our house has not sold. Wifey is stuck there in the UK trying to sell it. She has been out twice to Tassie but its getting harder every time she leaves. And now my oldest son was rushed to hospital with spontaneous pneumothorax or lung collapse. Still the hospiatl was spot on and fast in seeing him and helping. Cost of living has rocketed here but same every where i guess. But prices of food is just shocking. Tassie is beautiful mind you and i love it here. But bloody hell its hard some days. Now my rental is up for sale and i have to look for some place. Arrrgggghhhh.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:15 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Tell me about it. Been here for over 6 months and our house has not sold. Wifey is stuck there in the UK trying to sell it. She has been out twice to Tassie but its getting harder every time she leaves. And now my oldest son was rushed to hospital with spontaneous pneumothorax or lung collapse. Still the hospiatl was spot on and fast in seeing him and helping. Cost of living has rocketed here but same every where i guess. But prices of food is just shocking. Tassie is beautiful mind you and i love it here. But bloody hell its hard some days. Now my rental is up for sale and i have to look for some place. Arrrgggghhhh.
Really feel for you
Tassie seems to have this magical spell over us and we keep being drawn to it!!!!
Hope your son is ok after his lung collased
My biggest worry in Tas is being told to move out of rental due to house being sold.......and we won't be in a position to buy our own house for a good few years!!!
Take care and hope things fall into place for you,
Beth x x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:38 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Totally understand your reasons for returning to the UK Corinne
Hope things work out for you hun!!!!
We are having doubts about emigrating (again!!!) due to surviving on Andrew's pay out there.......oh and seeing a huntsman
Trying to weigh up all the pros and cons today........the fact we still haven't sold our house isn't filling us with confidence about ever moving to Tas
I think we'd get child benefit in Tas and maybe even some form of child tax credit. Andrew's job will pay $75,000 pa.
Really wish I had some def figures to play with!!!!
Beth x x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:55 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Hiya thanks for the kind words.

£75K should do you well i recon. I get way less than that and have 2 big boys with them eating like horses and i can get by. But having to move to another rental is a pain because of the cost. All my utility accounts and driving license etc all has to be changed. The worry is i may have to move again and again. Grrrrr. I would not worry about huntsman spiders as they are just big an harmless. One of my work mates has one in her bedroom and has a pet name for it. It keeps all the other spiders away. Not actually seen one in the flesh yet or snakes even. Seen plenty big ants, and boy they are big. Nearly stood on one the other week. Big they are, did i say they were big. An inch long almost. Very agressive and sting you if they can. Not worried at all about them at all. Hope it all goes good for you.

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:00 am
Make it happen!!!!

£75K should do you well i recon. I get way less than that and have 2 big boys with them eating like horses and i can get by. But having to move to another rental is a pain because of the cost. All my utility accounts and driving license etc all has to be changed. The worry is i may have to move again and again. Grrrrr. I would not worry about huntsman spiders as they are just big an harmless. One of my work mates has one in her bedroom and has a pet name for it. It keeps all the other spiders away. Not actually seen one in the flesh yet or snakes even. Seen plenty big ants, and boy they are big. Nearly stood on one the other week. Big they are, did i say they were big. An inch long almost. Very agressive and sting you if they can. Not worried at all about them at all. Hope it all goes good for you.

$75,000 not £75,000!!!!! (I wish....LOL) God I hope you meant we should be ok on $75,000!!!!
We have 4 daughters aged 3 - 12 years. I won't be working with the little one at home, so we have to manage on Andrew's wage for quite a while.
Can't imagine an inch long ant but the huntsman is my biggest fear!!!!
Beth x x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

OMG hope he is now ok. I know how expensive is it! I still cant get over it. Hope your house sells soon.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear your house in the UK still hasn't sold and to hear about your son. I hope he's ok? That must have been a terrible experience for you all...
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I'd be a stay at home Mum if my hubby was earning $75k - you will be fine!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
$75,000 not £75,000!!!!! (I wish....LOL) God I hope you meant we should be ok on $75,000!!!!
We have 4 daughters aged 3 - 12 years. I won't be working with the little one at home, so we have to manage on Andrew's wage for quite a while.
Can't imagine an inch long ant but the huntsman is my biggest fear!!!!
Beth x x
$75,000 is a very good wage Beth. I'm sure you'll all manage fine on that.
I know Andy's potentially looking at earning more than $20,000 less than that in his trade (his hourly rate will be half of what he earns in the UK - and we're not overly worried about managing at the moment.... not yet anyway!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:01 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Teabag
I'd be a stay at home Mum if my hubby was earning $75k - you will be fine!!
Thanks Donna
Well you just missed the fun and games in my house!!!!!
I was putting a few clothes on the radiator to dry in my dining room........something made me look up........and there it was......right above me, staring with it's beady eyes......a huge black spider!!!!!
Me being the chicken shit I am with spiders......run out of the room, told the girls to press pause on the Wii and get here NOW!!!!
I grabbed my Dyson......pulled out the long hose.....and gave it to my 12 year old to suck up....LOL......telling her to make sure she doesn't miss first time!!!
Made my 11 year old check it hadn't fallen onto the floor then!!!! and to check behind the door etc etc.
Bit paranoid as I can't see it in the Dyson box, so made the girls look up the hose to be sure he wasn't clinging on for dear life still
My 12 year old just told me that a huntsman wouldn't fit in the hose to be sucked up.........gee thanks babe!!!!!!
Great start to my day!!!!
Really don't know if I would cope with the Ozzie spiders now!!!!
Beth x x
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Donna
I was putting a few clothes on the radiator to dry in my dining room........something made me look up........and there it was......right above me, staring with it's beady eyes......a huge black spider!!!!!
Me being the chicken shit I am with spiders......run out of the room, told the girls to press pause on the Wii and get here NOW!!!!
I grabbed my Dyson......pulled out the long hose.....and gave it to my 12 year old to suck up....LOL......telling her to make sure she doesn't miss first time!!!
Made my 11 year old check it hadn't fallen onto the floor then!!!! and to check behind the door etc etc.
Bit paranoid as I can't see it in the Dyson box, so made the girls look up the hose to be sure he wasn't clinging on for dear life still
My 12 year old just told me that a huntsman wouldn't fit in the hose to be sucked up.........gee thanks babe!!!!!!
Beth x x
I can see you spending a fortune in Tas on those insect sprays!
You'll have to get your youngest trained in the art of spider removal - then when the older ones are at school and you have an encounter you wont have to worry!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Thanks Donna
Beth x x
I'm more worried about the spiders in Tas as I love spiders and i'm worried I won't have the reaction I'm supposed to have if I saw one

I'd probably say to Jerad " Oh look Keane has found a spider...awww" !

I'm the spider -remover here and thats with all my males in the house!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerzo
I'm more worried about the spiders in Tas as I love spiders and i'm worried I won't have the reaction I'm supposed to have if I saw one

I'd probably say to Jerad " Oh look Keane has found a spider...awww" !

I'm the spider -remover here and thats with all my males in the house!!!
Just no keeping them as pets and naming them - otherwise a few of us wont be coming to visit you at your house!

I personally dont mind spiders as long as they're not moving too quickly and in my direction!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by travelbug
Just no keeping them as pets and naming them - otherwise a few of us wont be coming to visit you at your house!

I personally dont mind spiders as long as they're not moving too quickly and in my direction!
Ok I wont have the collection on view to visitors,(unless I dont like them!!)

No I wouldn't be keeping any , Jerad wouldn't let me anyway

I'm back and forth between here and ebay!! my eyes are all over the place

Its hard not to imagine you (Cathy) not sat in the sun in Tas,I think thats where you are everytime I see you avatar picture

Zo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.