Tasmania??

Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Hooray, we got our visa today

One step nearer to Tasmania, just need to sell the house and we're on our way.
Just been out for a wonderful meal to celebrate and the restaurant owner was telling us he used to live in Oz, and travelled around Tas in a campervan, he went on to say there were lots of folk with odd expressions, all with the same surname

Sam
Well done Sam........I'm so thrilled for you

Now for your house to sell

Brilliant News xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zoe
Old Mar 29th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Hooray, we got our visa today

One step nearer to Tasmania, just need to sell the house and we're on our way.
Just been out for a wonderful meal to celebrate and the restaurant owner was telling us he used to live in Oz, and travelled around Tas in a campervan, he went on to say there were lots of folk with odd expressions, all with the same surname

Sam
Hi Sam
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Good luck with the house sale too !
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the congratulations

Yes, its big relief, one step nearer now!

Had two viewings today, so fingers crossed, weather is pretty awful though, so not really showing house at its best.

Sam
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by travelbug
Thanks for that What have you guys been up to lately - haven't seen you on the thread for a bit!

There's loads of info on that website - so i'm going to have a good look at it later...
Just a couple of questions for anyone who wants to answer :-
how much roughly is your council rates? just curious as our new payments over here start next week - and our council tax is now £1,483.00... I'm guessing it's much less in tas? (hoping as well!)...
our rates are about $1600 for our 2 bed house in west hobart, no discount for paying it all early tho.

not been on here for a couple of weeks due to hols.

flew to brissie and met my brother Richard who flew out from Manchester to see us-our first UK visitor which was exciting, i hadn't seen him for about a year and a half- drove down to Byron Bay to go to the Bluesfest which was great, even better than last year:
http://www.bluesfest.com.au/main.aspx

on the way there we went to this:
http://www.currumbin-sanctuary.org.au/content/home.asp?
we liked the tree roos !

when we got there we stayed here:
http://www.bshp.com.au/first/Default.htm
a good park, right on the beach, very relaxing which was good as the festival led to us becoming "over-refreshed" on a regular basis...

after the festival we drove back up to brissie via this :

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/nature_con...wildlife_park/
very good walk-thru aviary, lots of wallabies, roos etc to feed.

saw my brother off on wednesday (boo-hoo etc), stayed in the city, went to see John Fogerty in concert at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on thurs night as we enjoyed him so much at the Bluesfest, did the usual tourist stuff in Brissie and flew back home saturday, went to a colleague's 21st last night and now feeling the results of that this morning.....

new job starts tomorrow so a quiet day is planned today-we'll see how that one goes.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

CONGRATULATIONS SAM ON GETTING YOUR VISA'S!

Bet you're feeling much happier now!
CONGRATULAIONS SAM xxxxx
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the congratulations

Yes, its big relief, one step nearer now!

Had two viewings today, so fingers crossed, weather is pretty awful though, so not really showing house at its best.

Sam

Hi Sam, hope one of your viewers puts in an offer...then there'll be no stopping you going on your way!
The weather's just as rubbish here in Romford. We had a 2nd viewing yesterday as well -but they were in our house for less than 5 minutes! The lady said she could remember she liked our house but wanted to refresh her memory! I wasn't impressed - i'd spent 4 hours making the place immaculate whilst Andy was at work - which was no easy task because as soon as it was tidy the kids were making another mess!
They didn't ask any questions other than what kind of chain we had - nothing about the house at all - apart from whether you could take a bike around the side of the house!!! Very frustrating! Andy rang the EA yesterday afternoon to ask if there had been any interest this week in our property - and all she said was "it's been very quiet all over because of the Easter holidays"..... I'm starting to regret not putting our house up sooner now!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
our rates are about $1600 for our 2 bed house in west hobart, no discount for paying it all early tho.

not been on here for a couple of weeks due to hols.

flew to brissie and met my brother Richard who flew out from Manchester to see us-our first UK visitor which was exciting, i hadn't seen him for about a year and a half- drove down to Byron Bay to go to the Bluesfest which was great, even better than last year:
http://www.bluesfest.com.au/main.aspx

on the way there we went to this:
http://www.currumbin-sanctuary.org.au/content/home.asp?
we liked the tree roos !

when we got there we stayed here:
http://www.bshp.com.au/first/Default.htm
a good park, right on the beach, very relaxing which was good as the festival led to us becoming "over-refreshed" on a regular basis...

after the festival we drove back up to brissie via this :

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/nature_con...wildlife_park/
very good walk-thru aviary, lots of wallabies, roos etc to feed.

saw my brother off on wednesday (boo-hoo etc), stayed in the city, went to see John Fogerty in concert at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre on thurs night as we enjoyed him so much at the Bluesfest, did the usual tourist stuff in Brissie and flew back home saturday, went to a colleague's 21st last night and now feeling the results of that this morning.....

new job starts tomorrow so a quiet day is planned today-we'll see how that one goes.

I'd forgotten about your Bluesfest trip and meeting up with your brother. I'm glad you all had a really good time
Thanks for the info on the council rates - so it less than the UK - that's nice to hear!!! I dont qualify for a discount over here - i NEVER pay our council tax in advance - monthly suits me fine!

Must have been good seeing your brother after such a long time. Has he been to Oz before?
The park you stayed at looks nice - beaches are lovely - was it warm enough for you to go swimming etc?

I hope you've managed to have that quiet day today - sounds like you should both be completely worn out! Good luck with starting your new job tomorrow - i hope you like it!

Cathy
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Tassie Locals. Just been reading recent threads - and came across the old thread that pops up every now and then - ie, the "food you miss from the UK" one....
I dont think i'd miss much as i pretty much eat anything - but i'm curious as to whether you can get the following or a good substitute in Tas? :-
(now no-one laugh at this list....remember it's just curiousity - not necessities - we can live without these things! )

1) Malt Loaf (you know the Soreen kind) We all love that with butter!
2) Frazzle crisps (the bacon flavour ones)
3) Sliced Liver sausage
4) Swede (i remember seeing Parsnips which i also love in the shops but not Swede)

Also, what things have people discovered on the Island food-wise that they now eat regularly? and do people eat more fish etc or is it expensive to buy in Tas like it is in the UK?

Thanks!
Cathy
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Hi Tassie Locals. Just been reading recent threads - and came across the old thread that pops up every now and then - ie, the "food you miss from the UK" one....
I dont think i'd miss much as i pretty much eat anything - but i'm curious as to whether you can get the following or a good substitute in Tas? :-
(now no-one laugh at this list....remember it's just curiousity - not necessities - we can live without these things! )

3) Sliced Liver sausage
4) Swede (i remember seeing Parsnips which i also love in the shops but not Swede)

Also, what things have people discovered on the Island food-wise that they now eat regularly? and do people eat more fish etc or is it expensive to buy in Tas like it is in the UK?

Thanks!
Cathy
Hi Cathy yep you can get all of the above here in Tassie!!! plus cheese puffs which are our wotsits in Coles. The malt loaf is soreen but does taste a bit different though it may be the butter. Not figured that one out yet.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

3) Sliced Liver sausage

Thanks!
Cathy
Somethings we don't have in common
Malt loaf , Frazzles (or any smoky bacon crisps) & liver sausage Eurgghhh!!(PM me to tell me what it is!!) and I do like swede but think I might be able to live without it!!!

Now we are on to a new topic...what do you eat in Tas that you didn't really eat in the UK??? (Duh! Cathy already said that,must read posts properly!!!)

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled when out shopping , for Liver Sausage..the very thought of it makes me shudder

Zoe xx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

They have a poll on the' Barbie' to ask where you are headed in Oz...only 1 for Tas so far (me!!!) so go and put Tas in the running!!!

Zoe
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough

go to the deli counter, you'll see little round slices of it (yuck i agree) but my kids like it x
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerzo
Somethings we don't have in common
Malt loaf , Frazzles (or any smoky bacon crisps) & liver sausage Eurgghhh!!(PM me to tell me what it is!!) and I do like swede but think I might be able to live without it!!!

Now we are on to a new topic...what do you eat in Tas that you didn't really eat in the UK??? (Duh! Cathy already said that,must read posts properly!!!)

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled when out shopping , for Liver Sausage..the very thought of it makes me shudder

Zoe xx

You dont know what you're missing Liver sausage and cucumber sandwich - yum yum!

I also love spreading liver pate on toast as well......one thing i REALLY missed when i was pregnant both times as you're not meant to have it! I remember after having Eden i ate that and blue cheese for a couple of days!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suttons
go to the deli counter, you'll see little round slices of it (yuck i agree) but my kids like it x
Another one that doesnt like liver sausage either! My two kids love it as well...we all do.... Must be one of them things like marmite - you either do or you dont!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jerzo
They have a poll on the' Barbie' to ask where you are headed in Oz...only 1 for Tas so far (me!!!) so go and put Tas in the running!!!

Zoe

maybe we shouldnt add to the poll - then no-one will think that Tas is worth going to - and it can be our little secret!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.