tasmania

Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:57 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile tasmania

Hi we are new to the forum.

We are trying to get into Tasmania via the state sponsership scheme my TRA was submitted on 23rd June awaiting outcome :scared:

Anyone else out there going or have got to Tassie?? We would welcome any advice

Old Jul 19th 2004, 1:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Possums,
ChrisBailey and family are on their way there as we speak - send a pm or an email and I'm sure she'll be in touch when they arrive; they are heading for Huonville via Melbourne.
Have you been to Tassie before? Any idea where you are heading for? Spent plenty of time down there, and love the place to bits, just a shame I'm stuck in Queensland!
Tell me how much you know, and I'll try and fill in a few gaps for you.
There are a few people on here headed that way, but not many. Beautiful island, very relaxed; good luck with the visa process
Old Jul 19th 2004, 2:17 pm

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hi Possums,
ChrisBailey and family are on their way there as we speak - send a pm or an email and I'm sure she'll be in touch when they arrive; they are heading for Huonville via Melbourne.
Have you been to Tassie before? Any idea where you are heading for? Spent plenty of time down there, and love the place to bits, just a shame I'm stuck in Queensland!
Tell me how much you know, and I'll try and fill in a few gaps for you.
There are a few people on here headed that way, but not many. Beautiful island, very relaxed; good luck with the visa process
Hi

Yes i found Chris Baileys post re Huonville and have posted a reply. We went to Oz last year Colin went out in Feb to stay with his cousin in Perth he then went to NZ then back to Perth in June where I joined him we stayed until Dec had a brilliant time travelling around WA went to Bali for 2 weeks to renew my visa then visted Tas we fell in love with it, it is so much like Derbyshire used to be!! i.e hardly any traffic clean air etc we also would like to live around Huonville although it depends where the work is. So sorry that your stuck in Queensland it must be terrible!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Me and my husband are also heading for Tasmania. We are going on a skilled designated areas visa and are really hoping to have the visa by Xmas.
We are heading for the HObart suburbs. My sister lives out there and that why we first visited- Like you we also fell in love with the place and also the houses are so much cheaper than mainland Oz- although we have seen a large increase in the two years we have been looking. You can still pick up a large house with land for $300000 which is less money than I paid for my 3 bed end of terrace. They also have the cleanest air in the world and the clearest water I have ever seen.

If you want any info feel free to PM me

Nat xx
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:22 pm
come on you reds!!!!!

eilish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: tasmania

hi, were going to tasmania. were nearly ready to send off our tra and will then be asking tasmania for sponsorship.

we have never been but have decided it's the place for us, nice and laid back and cheap houses.

we are hoping to reside around the south-east somewhere.

helen, barrie, kathleen and eilish
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:29 am

Originally posted by eilish
hi, were going to tasmania. were nearly ready to send off our tra and will then be asking tasmania for sponsorship.

we have never been but have decided it's the place for us, nice and laid back and cheap houses.

we are hoping to reside around the south-east somewhere.

helen, barrie, kathleen and eilish
Hi

Wow good on yer though I always find it very brave of people to move somewhere they've never been however you are making a good choice we too are applying for state sponsership.

We loved WA but it is soooo big where as Tas is so easy to get around we were there for 2 weeks and near enough covered most the island. We hope to live in the South East too around Huonville.

Kay
Old Jul 25th 2004, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

cheep is an unknown quantity at this point

We also have looked at Tasmania but don't know if there enough there for the kids (ours are 12 and 8)
Also been told its full of retired people !
Anyone know different
Do they have equivalents of UCI / Warners and haveMcDonalds got there yet !
Old Jul 25th 2004, 1:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Tasmania's not for everyone. You should consider visiting in advance of moving to see what it's like for real.

Cinemas - there seem to be some in Tasmania, but it's not clear if they are multiplex types:
http://www.yourmovies.com.au

McDonalds: there are a few in Tasmania
http://www.mcdonalds.com.au

Seriously though - if things like multi-screen cinemas and McDs are important to you, is emigration going to be the right decision for you?

Many things in Tasmania *are* going to be different to what you've been used to.

Jeremy

Originally posted by cheep
We also have looked at Tasmania but don't know if there enough there for the kids (ours are 12 and 8)
Anyone know different
Old Jul 25th 2004, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cheep
Anyone know different
Much as I love the island, I would tend to agree with JAJ. Its not a place for lively kids you have the MacDonalds/films/ shows/shopping type lifestyle. They would very quickly get bored - as a lot of the local kids are. If you have a fishing/climbing/hiking
& love of the scenery type of life go for it. Lots of very laid back people - though not all retired.
Think maybe you should visit it first
Old Jul 25th 2004, 9:13 pm
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all

Originally posted by possoms
Hi we are new to the forum.

We are trying to get into Tasmania via the state sponsership scheme my TRA was submitted on 23rd June awaiting outcome :scared:

Anyone else out there going or have got to Tassie?? We would welcome any advice

Hi,
Harry & Nadina here,we are also going to Tas we have never been before either, I am a car spray and Nadina is a nurse job prospects look quite good.We lodged our main application in june,
so far we have recieved our file number and case officers name,we have also sent off our medicals and police checks.
We were advised by our agent not to send them with the main application because if thr file number is not on the medical and it gets lost we might have to take another one,so we waited for the file number and then forwarded them on.I hope this helps,
Harry & Nadina
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

bob and ginnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lived 13 years in Tasmania

I married in 1980. My wife, Ginnie, soon got sick of me going off with my mates all the time surfing, etc, all weekend, so we decided to take the bull by the horns and go somewhere where we didn't know anybody and start married life off anew, without any mates crowding the scene.
In Queensland we knew people. Same in Sydney and Melbourne.
In the end, we decided to go to Tasmania. I was working for the Australian Gov't, so could transfer my job from South Australia to Tasmania.
We decided to go to Hobart for just 2 years.
We came back to Adelaide for family reasons after 13 years with 3 kids.
We loved the scenery.
We loved the people.
We loved the pace of life.
We loved how honest people were there and how safe my 3 kids were.
It has the purest air on earth.
We built a 3 bedroomed timber house on poles, lined with rain forest timber by hand. . . a rarity nowadays.

We still have mates that we made in Tassie, dropping in for a week or so, while travelling around the mainland of Australia, and they fill us in with the latest gossip on the folks we know.
My 21 yr old son has left Adelaide to study back in Hobart at the Uni of Tasmania . . . and loves it!
It's different from anywhere else in Australia.
We loved . . . but it's not for everyone.
If the fast life is for you, then avoid it.
If you want quality of life, not Night-life, then it can work for you, if you're willing to accept Tasmanians as good honest folk who just want to live their lives with family and friends around without the commercial world shoving Big Macs down their throats every bill board you happen to see.
If you need any more advice on Tasmania, just send me an email, and I'll try to reply.
Bob and Ginnie
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:06 am
wombat42

Tasmania's a fantastic place, but if one day your sister starts to appear attractive, get the hell out of there.

Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Tasmania is a beautiful place but whats all this about the cleanest air in the world have you seen Hobart, Launceston whatever in winter the smoke from a 50,000 log fires does not make pure air. Also Doesn't tassie have some problem with a huge hole in the ozone layer or do their eco tours have that wrong

But yes stunning looking forestry and beaches.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 7:25 am
wombat42

Originally posted by jad n rich
Tasmania is a beautiful place but whats all this about the cleanest air in the world have you seen Hobart, Launceston whatever in winter the smoke from a 50,000 log fires does not make pure air. Also Doesn't tassie have some problem with a huge hole in the ozone layer or do their eco tours have that wrong

If Smoke from log fires is the only pollution in Tasmania , then it must be the least polluted place on earth, as for the hole in the ozone layer many scientists now say it does'nt exist or has been fixed, well even if it does exist its not that much of a problem
in Australia considering more people die of Skin cancer in the UK then they do in Australia.

Last edited by wombat42; Jul 26th 2004 at 7:28 am.

Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:25 am
Home and Happy

Originally posted by jad n rich

"Fill Your Lungs With the World’s Cleanest Air

Cape Grim in northwest Tasmania has the purest air in the world. This mass of land is one of a series of air pollution monitoring stations, and is consistently measured as having the cleanest air which has traveled thousands of kilometers across the Southern Ocean from South America. "

http://capegrim.port5.com/06oncepntmp1.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.