Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tamborine area help please

Tamborine area help please

Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:03 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tamborine area help please

What's this area of Brissie like to live in? Anybody over there know please?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:30 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tamborine area help please

Hello,
We live on Mount Tamborine - Tamborine is over the other side of the mountain - over from the gold coast side. I would say they are both closer to the Gold Coast than Brisbane. Tamborine is good for houses with land, but is fairly red soiled rural. (and a few banjos playing in the distance!) I seem to know a fair number of bikers, truckies, but that's only from my personal experience. Great for large houses with acres. Depends on what you are seeking. definately have to commute to Gold Coast or Brisbane.
We live up the mountain - which is Mount Tamborine, Eagle Heights and North Tamborine. Very touristy but in a really lovely way. Rainforrest, bush walks, peace, tranquility, stunning birds (feathered variety), very spititual and impowering for women, who apparently do well in business up here - my personal paradise. If I win the lottery tomorrow I would build a floatarium and stay up here for ever. But truly different strokes for different folks. Feel free to get in touch if you want to ask any questions but remember - I am only one person opinion.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Thanks for that.

Do you know anything about the schools reputation around there? I believe there are 4. 2 state/2 private.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 2:18 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

I only know about Tamborine Mountain State School, which is the one I've been doing research on as my 2 little ones are changeing schools now we have moved up here from Upper Coomera. As far as I can research, TMSS is superb. Their stats are way above state average with almost all areas achieving over 90%. I love that fact that a recorder and music books are on my eldests book list and he is only 8, they have a large interest in music and arts there. They start in 2 weeks, so I will not really know for a few months, but I'm excited about them going there. They were at Upper Coomera State College before and it was too big by far for my liking. But again, different strokes and all that.
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Mount Tamborine. This site has lots of useful links:
http://www.lanerealty.com.au/TamborineMt.html

All the schools have good reputations. Lots of school buses go both ways - some kids are sent off the mt, others sent up!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:20 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Hello neighbour! lol!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hello,
We live on Mount Tamborine - Tamborine is over the other side of the mountain - over from the gold coast side. I would say they are both closer to the Gold Coast than Brisbane. Tamborine is good for houses with land, but is fairly red soiled rural. (and a few banjos playing in the distance!) I seem to know a fair number of bikers, truckies, but that's only from my personal experience. Great for large houses with acres. Depends on what you are seeking. definately have to commute to Gold Coast or Brisbane.
We live up the mountain - which is Mount Tamborine, Eagle Heights and North Tamborine. Very touristy but in a really lovely way. Rainforrest, bush walks, peace, tranquility, stunning birds (feathered variety), very spititual and impowering for women, who apparently do well in business up here - my personal paradise. If I win the lottery tomorrow I would build a floatarium and stay up here for ever. But truly different strokes for different folks. Feel free to get in touch if you want to ask any questions but remember - I am only one person opinion.

Hi,

Hope you have settled in well to your new place, we came to look at your old rental in U Coomera, dont know if you remember us, it seems like a long time ago. Hope you rented it OK. We are on our way up to a campsite up there on Australia day weekend. It is a lovely area you chose to live, good choice.

LibbyX
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:32 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
What's this area of Brissie like to live in? Anybody over there know please?
My aunt lives up there and last time I was there was about 1987. Must look completely different since then.

All I remember was finding lots of snakes in the grass cutter (attached behind the tractor) and sleeping with huge spiders crawling above on the ceiling.

The views were fantastic and the local people were a decent sort.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thebears
All I remember was finding lots of snakes in the grass cutter (attached behind the tractor) and sleeping with huge spiders crawling above on the ceiling.

Thanks for this mate

Thanks everyone else for the info.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:42 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Hi,

Hope you have settled in well to your new place, we came to look at your old rental in U Coomera, dont know if you remember us, it seems like a long time ago. Hope you rented it OK. We are on our way up to a campsite up there on Australia day weekend. It is a lovely area you chose to live, good choice.

LibbyX
Hello, yes. We got settled fine. Love it up here. Glad you found a good place too. Is it Thunderbird park your going camping? That's were we're going in a few weeks time too. (We can nip home and feed the cat! lol)
I'll Pm you our number and if you fancy poping in for a coffee, your more than welcome.
Cheers
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:44 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebears
My aunt lives up there and last time I was there was about 1987. Must look completely different since then.

The views were fantastic and the local people were a decent sort.
Depends where you live I think. We have been here about 6 months ish and have had 1 huntsman spider - that's it! I do hear of snakey goings on, but never seen one yet. (I'm a bit dissapointed really!)