Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking tools to Oz

Taking tools to Oz

Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking tools to Oz

I have read alot of the threads where people talking about cleaning everything before its shipped to Oz.

Told my hubby tonight that he would have to clean all of his tools and he is concerned that several of his tools he cant clean.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on what we should do?

Hels
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Taking tools to Oz

Originally posted by Hels
I have read alot of the threads where people talking about cleaning everything before its shipped to Oz.

Told my hubby tonight that he would have to clean all of his tools and he is concerned that several of his tools he cant clean.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on what we should do?

Hels
Hels
Just make sure they are clean of any soil if they are garden tools. If he has tools that are covered with grease , I was told to just clean them with some degreaser , or if they are rusty, to rub them down and wipe with WD40.

I did not have to individually itemise everything! Just labeled as toolchest and tools.

I did not have to remove them from my toolchest as others have stated on previous posts. You may be asked to remove them if the shippers believe that the tool case will be to heavy for them to lift. Also if you are locking it, you have to tape the keys to the side of the chest/case. Quarantine may want to check it and if there is no key, they will find a way in...........not to the benefit of the toolcase.

Hope this helps

Nick
Old Jul 19th 2004, 12:38 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking tools to Oz

Originally posted by Sharpy67
Hels
Just make sure they are clean of any soil if they are garden tools. If he has tools that are covered with grease , I was told to just clean them with some degreaser , or if they are rusty, to rub them down and wipe with WD40.

I did not have to individually itemise everything! Just labeled as toolchest and tools.

I did not have to remove them from my toolchest as others have stated on previous posts. You may be asked to remove them if the shippers believe that the tool case will be to heavy for them to lift. Also if you are locking it, you have to tape the keys to the side of the chest/case. Quarantine may want to check it and if there is no key, they will find a way in...........not to the benefit of the toolcase.

Hope this helps

Nick,
Nick

Thanks loads for that. Will pass that on to hubby so he knows what HE has to do.....