Reload this Page >

taking step children

Wikiposts

taking step children

Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Step Children

Also, another thought this is what we're doin.

Tell your ex to keep the maintenance money and put it into a savings account that way that will pay for the child to return to England at least once a year - you can even have it put into the statutory declaration - anything to get 'em to sign and agree to them coming back over the summer holidays (even if the kids dont wanna go its an incentive!!!) Once out there he wont be able to demand them to come back will he??

Kath
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:39 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's not forget it's probably very tough on the father. He may be wayward, he may be a basta*d, but I guess he still loves the kids even if he has fallen out with the mother.

I guess it's not too difficult to give the father access if he's not even going to be in Australia except on holiday to see his kid(s).

Dads love their kids too!
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:42 am
Just Joined

oneday is an unknown quantity at this point

what bloody maintenance
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Step children

I can understand your point about being a father , but there's fathers and fathers !!

Kath
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Let's not forget it's probably very tough on the father. He may be wayward, he may be a basta*d, but I guess he still loves the kids even if he has fallen out with the mother.

I guess it's not too difficult to give the father access if he's not even going to be in Australia except on holiday to see his kid(s).

Dads love their kids too!
Yes not enough to pay maintenance or keep in touch with them though! It's funny how they get all enthusiastic when you ask them if you can leave. The power seems to go to their heads.

Being cynical aside, if the kids do see their Dads it will be hard for them when they leave, that is why it is best to try and draw up some sort of agreement rather than going to court.

We managed - against the odds- to draw up an affadavit promising access etc once we are out there. I can wholeheartedly say that even though this is not enforcable I will stick to it. It is important for kids to see their fathers as well. Unfortunately not all fathers want to see their kids until it is too late.

Last edited by tinaj; Aug 18th 2003 at 7:29 am.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:50 am
Don
Banned

Default Re: Step children

Originally posted by Graham & Kath
I can understand your point about being a father , but there's fathers and fathers !!

Kath
Fair enough but I'd hate to be denied access to my kids (even if the denial was only 10000 miles of ocean!) just because my relationship broke down.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:37 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default absent arseole (sorry fathers )

Hi
don...if you loved your child/ren you would want the best for them no matter what, but if you abused the mother, mentally,physically and verbally in front of your child you pay no money, you drink, take drugs sleep around have contact with your child whenever you felt like it and abuse the mother on the phone cos she wont drive 120 miles after work to drop the child off im pretty sure it would piss any mother off dont you..?.
then to have the gall to turn around and say i dont really want my daughter i just want to see my ex suffer in court.....Sorry but im gettin a little carried away on the subject but this is my personal experience of life with my ex and i hate it when others are going through the same, if a father was not an arseole the mother wouldnt have to move to the other side of the world would she....im a bit angry now and i might explode so i will shut-up..once again SORRY
Old Aug 18th 2003, 8:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by oneday
if i can get the father to sign a declaration at what part of the process do i have to use it
Hi,
We sent our application without the stat. dec. when they requested medicals and police checks they also asked for proof of permision or similar I forget the exact wording but the up-shot was it only cost a tenner for 2 copies from the solicitor. Deb took 2 copies of the afidavid with her and he and the solicitor signed them both job done in a few mins. Phew relief all around I think
The wording is below should you need it [it has been accepted by DIMIA]

I,

of

do solemnly and sincerely declare that;

• I am the natural father of Amy Jane B*****y
• I am aware that Amy is under the care and control of her mother Deborah B*****y
• That I support and approve of Amy emigrating to Australia with her mother without restriction.

And I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.

Signed by:

Print Name:

Date:

Declared at

the day of

Before me,
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:22 pm
Don
Banned

Default Re: absent arseole (sorry fathers )

Originally posted by johanne
Hi
don...if you loved your child/ren you would want the best for them no matter what, but if you abused the mother, mentally,physically and verbally in front of your child you pay no money, you drink, take drugs sleep around have contact with your child whenever you felt like it and abuse the mother on the phone cos she wont drive 120 miles after work to drop the child off im pretty sure it would piss any mother off dont you..?.
then to have the gall to turn around and say i dont really want my daughter i just want to see my ex suffer in court.....Sorry but im gettin a little carried away on the subject but this is my personal experience of life with my ex and i hate it when others are going through the same, if a father was not an arseole the mother wouldnt have to move to the other side of the world would she....im a bit angry now and i might explode so i will shut-up..once again SORRY
Best of luck for the future and your fresh start away from all that!