Peaceful Perth

Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:39 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peaceful Perth

Or is it just like anywhere else on the planet .

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 9:25 AWST

Gunman linked to abduction
A gunman wanted over the shooting death of a 21-year-old woman in the Perth suburb of Warnbro has been linked to the abduction of a teenager from Secret Harbour.

It is believed the same man also held people hostage for three hours during a home invasion early this morning.

Police were called to a disturbance in Armisters Way about 11:15pm AWST yesterday and found the 21-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to her chest.

She died on arrival at Rockingham hospital.

A short time later it is believed the gunman was involved in a home invasion at Silkhurst Cresent in Warnbro.

Police have revealed the gunman may have abducted an 18-year-old woman from a property in Secret Harbour about 7:30am.

The man is driving a silver Toyota Echo hatchback, which has recently been sighted in the Rockingham area.

Members of the public have been warned not to approach the man as he believed to be armed and dangerous.

Posted: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 4:48 AWST

Aboriginal group seeks police talks on car theft death
The Aboriginal Legal Service (ALS) in Western Australia wants to consult with police to address the problem of car theft, after yesterday's high speed chase in which a 12-year-old boy was killed.

The boy died when the allegedly stolen car he was in crashed into another vehicle, just minutes after it had been in a high-speed chase with police in the suburb of Wilson.

Four other occupants of the car were taken to hospital.

A police investigation is continuing into the incident but the ALS says it again highlights the need for a review of procedures covering high-speed chases.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Peaceful Perth

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Or is it just like anywhere else on the planet .

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 9:25 AWST

Gunman linked to abduction
A gunman wanted over the shooting death of a 21-year-old woman in the Perth suburb of Warnbro has been linked to the abduction of a teenager from Secret Harbour.

It is believed the same man also held people hostage for three hours during a home invasion early this morning.

Police were called to a disturbance in Armisters Way about 11:15pm AWST yesterday and found the 21-year-old woman with a gunshot wound to her chest.

She died on arrival at Rockingham hospital.

A short time later it is believed the gunman was involved in a home invasion at Silkhurst Cresent in Warnbro.

Police have revealed the gunman may have abducted an 18-year-old woman from a property in Secret Harbour about 7:30am.

The man is driving a silver Toyota Echo hatchback, which has recently been sighted in the Rockingham area.

Members of the public have been warned not to approach the man as he believed to be armed and dangerous.

What about these baby bashing tossers in Sydney? No doubt it does not count because it is in perfect Oz and even gangs are "nicer" here too?
Old Aug 19th 2003, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Have to break my silence here , what a bloody weekend here in perth . The one that has upset me is the intruders that tied a block around a old ladies labrador and threw it in the swimming pool , just so they could gain entrance to her house . Sadly it did die , god there are some evil people in the world isnt there.
The kids in the car , what the hell goes through their minds , the one was a 11 yr old girl , persume they should have been in school.
North beach i see on the news a speed way the weekend , god knows how they walked out of that one alive.
I came back from the shop here in northern subs the other day and nearly had a head on with a hoon snaking all over the road , they just laugh at you . God it can heaven here , but only sometimes
Joanne
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: Peaceful Perth

The mad kidnapper has taken someone hostage in a car this morning too. He is being pursed by the police. Have they stopped their overtime ban now??
Old Aug 19th 2003, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Don't get me started on that one, the hoons & their bloody motors. Walking along the beach a couple of weeks ago and two dirt bikes appeared and did wheelies down the beach narrowly missing kids on the sand. Got a fright driving in a car park with a kid on a bike doing a wheelie straight towards our car, missing us by inches. Whilst I was on a driving lesson (doing nothing wrong I hasten to add) a git took great delight cutting me up continually whilst eating a burger and giving me the finger. I could go on........

Loopy
Old Aug 19th 2003, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said in another post reading the West Australian is just like reading Manchester Evening News, its no different here to anywhere else. Rape, murder, burglary etc. etc.

The exception is probably the amount of kids killed in major car smashes, everyday this week teenagers killed in major wrecks, drag racing and the like.
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:00 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
As I said in another post reading the West Australian is just like reading Manchester Evening News, its no different here to anywhere else. Rape, murder, burglary etc. etc.

The exception is probably the amount of kids killed in major car smashes, everyday this week teenagers killed in major wrecks, drag racing and the like.
Very true to stop the kids runing around in cars that are far too powerful them would be easy , just ban anyone under 25 driving or owning a car over 1600 cc.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

They'd just nick one then!

Loopy
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:03 am
Banned

Originally posted by Loopy
They'd just nick one then!

Loopy
This is again true but to allow a 17 year old kid to drive a V8 legally is madness.

Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

They should also raise the age of consent to 65 - you know what they say, forbidden fruit is all the sweeter.