Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking Pushchairs to Oz?? Should I take it or buy a new one when we get there??

Taking Pushchairs to Oz?? Should I take it or buy a new one when we get there??

Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:26 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taking Pushchairs to Oz?? Should I take it or buy a new one when we get there??

We go on our Rekkie trip in three weeks time and have a 2 year old that although not always in the pushchair I cant go away for 5 weeks with out it!!

SOOOOO my question is that the Ozzies dont like you bringing in Bikes and garden stuff etc etc so are they the same about Pushchairs??

Those that have done it should I leave it here and buy a cheapie when I get there or take it etc etc??

Many thanks!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 6:53 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking Pushchairs to Oz?? Should I take it or buy a new one when we get there??

Originally Posted by toon williams
We go on our Rekkie trip in three weeks time and have a 2 year old that although not always in the pushchair I cant go away for 5 weeks with out it!!

SOOOOO my question is that the Ozzies dont like you bringing in Bikes and garden stuff etc etc so are they the same about Pushchairs??

Those that have done it should I leave it here and buy a cheapie when I get there or take it etc etc??

Many thanks!!
I just checked out www.target.com.au as they have great baby stuff. Although they have pushchairs on sale, it showed original price. A cheapie push chair (and you might get even cheaper elsewhere - try Big W) is around $45 - $50.

If you don't need a push chair at your stop over, then I'd say buy a cheapie over there. You could always donate it to charity after your 5 weeks if you don't want to lug it back
Old Jul 19th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

rebh will become famous soon enoughrebh will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Taking Pushchairs to Oz?? Should I take it or buy a new one when we get there??

Many thanks!!
Have taken my buggy over twice and never regreted it.

Both times have arranged to pick them up door side on both the stop over and in Sydney really useful if you have a tied toddler to get through the airport.

If you have a couple of hours hanging around on the stopover they are useful to give them an option to sleep in.

And don't forget you can always use them to hang a couple of bags on to save your arms.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:14 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks!!
Bring it with you. You should have no problem bringing it through the airport, especially if your littlun is sitting in it at the time. You may need to collapse it and put it through the xray machine though. Its handy to have at the airport to hang your bags on.

We got ours back at singapore for our 2hr stop too.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:48 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

What about cleaning it did you have to scrub it before you brought it over?? Was it checked or anything?? I mean they are so fussy about bikes etc thought it would be the same with a pushchair!!

Ideally would love to bring it as you say much easier with a tierd toddler!!

Although been looking at these thought they were cute!!

http://www.letterbox.co.uk/Summertim...ode_6810P.html

Not sure if it is such a good idea!!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:54 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

What about cleaning it did you have to scrub it before you brought it over?? Was it checked or anything?? I mean they are so fussy about bikes etc thought it would be the same with a pushchair!!

Ideally would love to bring it as you say much easier with a tierd toddler!!

Although been looking at these thought they were cute!!

http://www.letterbox.co.uk/Summertim...ode_6810P.html

Not sure if it is such a good idea!!
I gave the seat and wheels a wipe down, but I dont remember them even checking it. I think it is the stuff in the container then comes under more scrutiny than the things you take through the airport with you.

I have never heard of anyone having a problem with a pushchair at the airport.

The wheels of a pushchair come into contact with the same piece of ground as your shoes, and they dont check them at the airport.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:07 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
The wheels of a pushchair come into contact with the same piece of ground as your shoes, and they dont check them at the airport.
actually they will if you have been on farmland within so many weeks before you arrived - ticked box on form & went through red channel and they asked to see the shoes I had worn when on the farmland. So I would guess the same would apply to the buggy wheels that they are not caked in mud
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:15 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Originally Posted by walaj
actually they will if you have been on farmland within so many weeks before you arrived - ticked box on form & went through red channel and they asked to see the shoes I had worn when on the farmland. So I would guess the same would apply to the buggy wheels that they are not caked in mud
Well OK, except under those circumstances
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just makes sure its not muddy and you'll be fine

And look at it this way - you will have better things to do on a reccie trip than to be trying to find a shop that sells pushchairs
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:39 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought they let you board first if you had a little un in a pram!??

id take it with you .... you can get a cheapo one from mothercare/babysrus ... or i have a spare you can have!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

id take it with you .... you can get a cheapo one from mothercare/babysrus ... or i have a spare you can have!!!!
If you are flying Emirates it will probably get stolen at Dubai airport like ours, and every other stroller on our flight was.

The upside is the airline gave us $300
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:15 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

You can take the buggy right to the gate with you with most carriers. They then stash it on the plane in the main cabin so you can have it when you get off at your refuelling stop or whatever if you like.
Check with the carrier.
Our buggy went into a big cage in the hold this time and was right there when we got off ready for us.

Saying that, we bought our mothercare stroller with us, for our son, but he's coming up for 4 and has decided he doesn't need it any more.
If you're coming to Sydney, I'd be quite happy to get it to you for your trip.

I like the little sit on case but I don't know what use that would be other than at the airport...
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

Yes, parents with children board first.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I gave the seat and wheels a wipe down, but I dont remember them even checking it. I think it is the stuff in the container then comes under more scrutiny than the things you take through the airport with you.

They didn't check ours and we found out at Sydney airport that the net underneath was full of conkers!!! We got rid of them before the sniffer dog came round.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We brought one stroller on the plane for our 2.5yr old but we wish we had brought the spare stroller as well for the 4.5yr old. It is in the container.
I can't begin to tell you how many times my hubby has had to carry the 4.5yr old because he's tired when we've been walking around. Also it would have been nice to have the extra stroller for having nice long walk along the beach path on weekends.

I used to think I can't wait for my boys to out of strollers but now I think
"I rather have a kid in a stroller than a whinging kid"

Many thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.