Reload this Page >

Taking pets over with you

Taking pets over with you

Old May 14th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

welshie2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking pets over with you

Hello

Mr Welshie and I think that we still have another 2 years or so in the UK before we take the plunge and actually move to oz (visa's pending) and Mr Welshie really wants to get a rescue greyhound.

Is it expensive to take pets over with you and what does the process entail?

Thanks

Welshie
Old May 14th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Taking pets over with you

Hi,

We are in the process of getting quotes etc for our staff/cross rescue dog. Had one so far of £2600 from airpets which doesnt include $800 release fee from quarantine in Perth!! Not sure too if it includes the boarding fees in Perth either.

We are budgeting between £2/3000 with vets fees/injections before you go and then the 30 days in quarantine once there.

There are many good posts on taking pets if you do a search, hope this helps??!!

julie x
Old May 14th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hi,

We are in the process of getting quotes etc for our staff/cross rescue dog. Had one so far of £2600 from airpets which doesnt include $800 release fee from quarantine in Perth!! Not sure too if it includes the boarding fees in Perth either.

We are budgeting between £2/3000 with vets fees/injections before you go and then the 30 days in quarantine once there.

There are many good posts on taking pets if you do a search, hope this helps??!!

julie x
Eeeek, I ddin't think it would be that expensive. I think we'll wait until we get to Oz before we get a dog then!
Old May 14th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshie2000
Eeeek, I ddin't think it would be that expensive. I think we'll wait until we get to Oz before we get a dog then!
Wise choice! Plenty of rescue dogs out here too, unfortunately.
Old May 14th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Might be an idea

Once you get your dog you won't wanna leave him here which will add to the stress (on you) of putting them through the flight/quarantine etc

Good luck in your plans
Old May 14th 2007, 8:25 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of greyhounds and other dogs here in Oz to be rescued. Mind you we brought our two year old rescue dog from the UK. Cost us £48 to buy (with bits cut off) and cost us around £2500 to transport him from Scotland to Sydney, Quarintine and Vet fees and transport from Sydney to Brisbane.

If you can hold off then that would be fine but then again two years is quite a while!

Cheers

Ginny
Old May 14th 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stitch
Lots of greyhounds and other dogs here in Oz to be rescued. Mind you we brought our two year old rescue dog from the UK. Cost us £48 to buy (with bits cut off) and cost us around £2500 to transport him from Scotland to Sydney, Quarintine and Vet fees and transport from Sydney to Brisbane.

If you can hold off then that would be fine but then again two years is quite a while!

Cheers

Ginny
We've recently bought a hamster! I think that will do us and will probably be good timing because they only live for about 2 years. This one's lifespan may be considerably left if she bites hubby again though! Lol.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We've recently bought a hamster! I think that will do us and will probably be good timing because they only live for about 2 years. This one's lifespan may be considerably left if she bites hubby again though! Lol.
You can't import hamsters, btw
Old May 14th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can't import hamsters, btw
She'll be brown bread by then we think.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, whatabout offering to foster for your local Greyhound rescue? if you pm me where you are, I'll let you know your closest one. I am co-ordinator for SBT rescue and we're always looking for foster homes and I've no doubt Greyhound are exactly the same!!

Also www.oldies.org are often after foster homes for oldies of all breeds including Greyhounds

Wendy
Old May 14th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

LMAO

Def wait and get dog in oz,
We have 1yr german shep and she is gonna cost bout £3500 for everything to get her with us.
Old May 14th 2007, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Lilywhite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Mr Welshie and I think that we still have another 2 years or so in the UK before we take the plunge and actually move to oz (visa's pending) and Mr Welshie really wants to get a rescue greyhound.

Is it expensive to take pets over with you and what does the process entail?

Thanks

Welshie
Another option is to be a host family for looking after dogs while owner is on holiday.

http://www.barkingmad.uk.com/index.htm
Old May 14th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

We have a geriatric hamster he's 3! Getting a bit worried now as im off in July and no one wants him