Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking pets - which company ?

Taking pets - which company ?

Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

lang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud oflang81 has much to be proud of
Default Taking pets - which company ?

Hi guys.
I need to find a good company who will get our cat to OZ.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking pets - which company ?

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi guys.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Judging by the previous threads on this i can only advise that you brace yourself for the cost!!!! You could also do a thread search. Sorry I'm not much help.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi

We have just been informed that our dogs arrived safley in Sydney today. We sent them with Chilworth Kennels near Southampton. I cannot fault Christophers service he has been very helpful.

We left our dogs with him for 10 days after we flew to give us more time over here to get ready for them.

When we were looking around they were the only company to give details on the onward move to Brisbane.

I would reccomend them.

I am sure he will do the same for cats.

Steve
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: Taking pets - which company ?

Hi guys.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
If you do a search on this forum you'll find loads of useful info. There's a poll somewhere as well.
We're going to use Golden Arrow as they are highly recommended on here,no website but phone no. is 01588 680240.
Thay sent us an info. pack which was v.helpful.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:23 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hi guys.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
I used golden arrow for my very precious pampered labrador. They were excellent!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:27 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
The main pet shippers that I know of are (in no particular order) Golden Arrow, Airpets Oceanic, Par Air, Jets4Pets and Ladyhaye. Golden Arrow and AirPets Oceanic are probably the main two and both have very good reviews. I spoke to all of the above, and out of these I found Airpets and Ladyhaye to be the best for my particular requirements.

Nicky
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks.
Hi, we have dogs and I ready every 'shipping pets' post, haven't made up my mind yet, just reading and learning all the time, then I'll contact the companies for info and speak to them and go with who I like best, cost not important!
Old Sep 15th 2006, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve & Heather
Hi

We have just been informed that our dogs arrived safley in Sydney today. We sent them with Chilworth Kennels near Southampton. I cannot fault Christophers service he has been very helpful.

We left our dogs with him for 10 days after we flew to give us more time over here to get ready for them.

When we were looking around they were the only company to give details on the onward move to Brisbane.

I would reccomend them.

I am sure he will do the same for cats.

Steve
I live on the Isle of Wight so the Company you used would be great. Do you mind letting me know the cost?
I have 1 cocker spaniel and are hoping to go to the Sunshine Coast.
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

We are using Golden Arrow rosie (border collie) flies out on Oct 17th so far they have been great. would highly recommend.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 3:02 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Still undecided, but if we take our mutt, we'll use Ryslip. Only because they were the cheapest.

I phoned Golden Arrow, because of the good press they have on here. Offered the guy my business if he could match Ryslip's price, but he was quite hostile. So thought fck you.

Alot of the spin you here from these shipping companies is exactly that. For example, the rubbish about tailor making your dog's crate. They have three or four standard sizes made by the truck load. And to use the fact they've visited the quarantine centres as a selling tool is laughable. Rather than spending thousands of pounds travelling to Aus. for this very purpose, call me a cynic in claiming it was the convenient by product of a holiday, or even worse, a load of bollocks.

To spend over £2000.00 to ship our dog, and then have the inconvenience of being restricted to rental properties and (more crucially) good school catchments, is a very very difficult decision.

I've got him chipped, vaccinated, and the import permit has been requested from Canberra. Then we're going to fly and leave him with an Uncle here.

If the kids are struggling to settle and we really want him out there so badly, then we'll arrange to have him flown out.

Obviously not all people's situations are the same, but I think for us, to do anything more than that would be a little wreckless at this stage.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

We used Parair near Colchester, we lived nearby so we dropped him off. The place itself looks a little rundown, but the service was excellent.

Don't worry about the quarantine they are fantastic and real animal lovers.

John