Reload this Page >

Taking our Chocolate Labrador to Adelaide

Taking our Chocolate Labrador to Adelaide

Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

TeenaChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Taking our Chocolate Labrador to Adelaide

Hi

We are emigrating to Adelaide at the end of June this year and have already put the wheels in motion for shipping our dog out. He's only 2 years old so we think he shouldn't be too bad with the flight or quarantine (although we know it's not ideal but it's the only way he can be with us). What we are concerned about are the 40 degree summer days that Adelaide is experiencing at the moment!
Can anyone give us there experiences with their dogs or any advice?

Thanks
Chris & Teena
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:42 pm
Come on down...........

a and ts mum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Taking our Chocolate Labrador to Adelaide

Chocolate labrador???? I think he might melt!!!

Sorry, I know that dosnt help but couldn't resist.

I sure he'll be fine, as long as you can provide plenty of shade and water.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:09 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a and ts mum
Chocolate labrador???? I think he might melt!!!

Sorry, I know that dosnt help but couldn't resist.

Damn.....beaten to it I will have to be quicker next time
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

Hi there Teena chris.

Oh so nice you are bringing your dog with you. he will be fine. You will be coming over in winter anyway. Well our winter

He will be fine. Plenty of shade & a big large bucket of water. Buckets here.

Look for a place with a nice shady pergola & lots of Trees. Good luck. You must be getting so excited now.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:47 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Its 35 deg at 10am this morning and my old bloke has the solution....mm
Attached Thumbnails Taking our Chocolate Labrador to Adelaide-march-2008-002.jpg  
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

I think you have taken our summer down Adelaide

Its cloudy in QLD & looks like rain
Attached Thumbnails Taking our Chocolate Labrador to Adelaide-dsc01721-wince-.jpg  
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:55 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Well we are in Adelaide and it was 40 degrees yesterday and again today, apparently next week going to be around the 38 degree mark so going to be a hottie!!

We have a labradoodle and friends of ours have Golden Labrador, and we spent the day on the beech yesterday the dogs love it in the sea, cools them right down!!

Normally our dog either gets in the pool with us or stays in doors in the air con, or finds a nice bit of shade!! Sure your pooch will be just fine!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

wow you have been getting some hot weather. yes good day for the beach.

our dog is normally in the pool with us. But has been getting ear infections they told us to keep him out. How can you keep a golden out

I only have to say swim & he"s near the gate waiting.

Hope you all stay cool down there You sure have had alot of hot days
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:20 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
wow you have been getting some hot weather. yes good day for the beach.

our dog is normally in the pool with us. But has been getting ear infections they told us to keep him out. How can you keep a golden out

I only have to say swim & he"s near the gate waiting.

Hope you all stay cool down there You sure have had alot of hot days
Thats why we have the wading pool, chlorine is not good in dogs ears, since we have kept him out of the pool NO problems............mm
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Don't normally put up pictures of myself but couldn't resist in this case (and believe me this is not a good shot). This is me and my dog Molly in our pool this afternoon. It hit 43.3 degrees in the shade !

Normally Molly will just find a cool spot inside, generally on a tiled floor. She is pretty hairy but she seems to mostly manage fine in the heat.

Nikki
x

Last edited by mysnix; Mar 10th 2008 at 8:04 am.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:42 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mysnix
Don't normally put up pictures of myself but couldn't resist in this case (and believe me this is not a good shot). This is me and my dog Molly in our pool this afternoon. It hit 43.3 degrees in the shade !

Normally Molly will just find a cool spot inside, generally on a tiled floor. She is pretty hairy but she seems to mostly manage fine in the heat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h_DSC05694.jpg

Nikki
x
We had "Cavies" they seem to suffer more than any other dog, dont like the heat..............mm
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr mover
Thats why we have the wading pool, chlorine is not good in dogs ears, since we have kept him out of the pool NO problems............mm

Oh our pool is salt water. the vet said some dogs just get problems with the water. Need ear plugs I think
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
Oh our pool is salt water. the vet said some dogs just get problems with the water. Need ear plugs I think
Ours is salt water , the saltwater chlorinator ,turns the salt to chlorine this is what keeps your water clean...but dogs react to it........mm
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

TeenaChris is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you all for your input, think he will like his new life out there!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Hi Teenachris,

Me and the hubby are also planning on Adelaide, and coming with us will be our 18mth chocolate labrador, Kizer.

I am a tad worried about taking him though because he is SO dependant on people. He suffers from separation anxiety, so god knows what he will be like for 24 hours on a plane !!!

I know he will love his new life in Oz, if we ever get there !!

Have you had any quotes for him yet ? I have, and they are coming out around the £2,500 mark, so I take it thats the going rate !!

Donna, Pete & Kizer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.