Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking my first look at the forms

Taking my first look at the forms

Old Aug 1st 2002, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

tanderra will become famous soon enough
Default Taking my first look at the forms

This forum is great, spent the night reading through the questions and answers.

Question: When apply through the skilled imigration do you have to go through the ACS. If I send my application without their letter would it be denied. Have 15 years of IT. Senior Security Consultant. I would hate to fill in the forms the wrong way.

Many thanks....
Old Aug 1st 2002, 1:34 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking my first look at the forms

The skills assessment is the first stage in the visa application process for skilled migrants - that's why it's called the Pre-Application Skills Assessment.

No skills assessment with your visa application => instant rejection by the Department of Immigration.

Best regards.
Old Aug 1st 2002, 3:01 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tanderra
Question: When apply through the skilled imigration do you have to go through the ACS. If I send my application without their letter would it be denied.
You may wish to note the "footnotes" on Page 31 of the Skilled Migration Booklet 1119 (July 2002).

Cheers
Peter
Old Aug 1st 2002, 5:21 pm
Andrew

Hi, Yep, go to the ACS website and check it out. You cant do anything until you have
an assessment from them if you are in IT.

"tanderra" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > This forum is great, spent the night reading through the questions and answers.
    >
    > Question: When apply through the skilled imigration do you have to go through the
    > ACS. If I send my application without their letter would it be denied. Have 15
    > years of IT. Senior Security Consultant. I would hate to fill in the forms the
    > wrong way.
    >
    > Many thanks....
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Aug 1st 2002, 9:20 pm
Jaj

A pedantic point I know, but without a skills assessment your application is legally
invalid and doesn't even get to the point of rejection

Jeremy

>On 1 Aug 2002 16:21:11 GMT, Alan Collett <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >No skills assessment with your visa application => instant rejection by the
    >Department of Immigration.
    >
    >Best regards.
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Alan Collett
    >
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 2nd 2002, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

tanderra will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the help. Just downloaded the 1119 booklet. Looks like I have alot of reading to do.

Thanks again
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 1:35 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tanderra
Thanks for the help. Just downloaded the 1119 booklet. Looks like I have alot of reading to do.
The ACS literature will keep you busy for a while. The fun starts when you start getting your transcripts, reference letters, birth certificate and so on ready and certified :-)

Form 47SK, which comes in the Migration Pack you just purchase (it's also available off the DIMIA site free of charge) has a pretty comprehensive checklist in Part J.

The ACS application form has a similar checklist on Page 3.

Good luck.

Peter