Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking money to Australia - best way?

Taking money to Australia - best way?

Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

MaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really niceMaggersandJen is just really nice
Cool Taking money to Australia - best way?

I am sure this has been asked before but what is the best (as in cheapest and easiest) way to get money over to an Australian bank account?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Taking money to Australia - best way?

open an ozzie account...then phone your uk bank and ask to do a telegraphic transfer. ( the Australian bank will give you all the details you need for a foreign transfer)

Obviously check the exchange rate with them first..and when your happy..proceed

its costs me £17.00 from halifax to suncorp..and ive done loads

hope that helps

ps..there are obvioulsy more ways involving money purchasers/transfer companies etc which you may find info about on here

Last edited by Richard007; Sep 27th 2007 at 8:58 am. Reason: added info
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:51 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

For small amounts use Tranzfers (www.tranzfers.com). It costs £7 per transfer.

For larger amounts (over £4,000) use HiFX (www.hifx.co.uk) or Ozforex (www.ozforex.com). You'll get a better exchange rate than your bank offers and the transfer costs nothing.

Before you can transfer anything, open an account with an Australian Bank. Do a search for threads started by "Techno Freak" as s/he gave a step-by-step instruction on how to set up an account with Westpac from the UK (takes about 20 minutes by phone).

Gina
Old Sep 27th 2007, 11:09 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GinaUK
For small amounts use Tranzfers (www.tranzfers.com). It costs £7 per transfer.

For larger amounts (over £4,000) use HiFX (www.hifx.co.uk) or Ozforex (www.ozforex.com). You'll get a better exchange rate than your bank offers and the transfer costs nothing.

Before you can transfer anything, open an account with an Australian Bank. Do a search for threads started by "Techno Freak" as s/he gave a step-by-step instruction on how to set up an account with Westpac from the UK (takes about 20 minutes by phone).

Gina
Also if you use HIFX they offer you discounted rates on air flights using Quantas and double the baggage allowance, so it all helps
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

i normally use moneycorp, but the exchange rate is very low at the minute. If possible wait till it goes up to 2.44 right now its at 2.29 which may not sound like much but can make a big difference if your bringing over a lot
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Trevski
Also if you use HIFX they offer you discounted rates on air flights using Quantas and double the baggage allowance, so it all helps

Hi Trevski,
Could you tell me where you found this out. I have just checked there web site and canny see any thing about it.

Cheers
Shona
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
Hi Trevski,
Could you tell me where you found this out. I have just checked there web site and canny see any thing about it.

Cheers
Shona
Hi
We did this, you need to open an account with HIFX, and they will send you a password, so when you phone qantas, you get the discounted flight. We paid £508 each, for a 19 hrs flight and a two hour stop over. Flight is normal times as well, so we are well happy about that.

Cheers
T
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Hi
We did this, you need to open an account with HIFX, and they will send you a password, so when you phone qantas, you get the discounted flight. We paid £508 each, for a 19 hrs flight and a two hour stop over. Flight is normal times as well, so we are well happy about that.

Cheers
T

Thanks for that, we used HIFX to pay for our visas, I am asuming this gives me a customer number and option of discounted flights Bonus !

Cheer for the info
Shona
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:08 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Hi

Cheers
T
Hi if you send this chap an email he will get it sorted out, he is the manager, [email protected] he is the person we deal with for all our money exchange