Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking the first step to moving across

Taking the first step to moving across

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road
Default Taking the first step to moving across

After talking about it for a couple of years my husband and I are planning to move to Oz before the year is out. He is Australian, (so no visa required there!), but I'm British so in the process of completing the spouse visa application and will be sending it off shortly.

We've been together for 5 years and married for 3 years come August, and have a baby son who is currently 10 months old, so we're hoping our application will be approved easily and all sorted so we can move out in August/September.

Or that is the plan anyway! Here's to 2011 and new adventures :-)
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking the first step to moving across

Welcome to Be.Concierge will be along shortly to welcome you and invite you round for a babysham.Good luck with your move.There are loads of people to answer your questions on here.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Welcome to Be.Concierge will be along shortly to welcome you and invite you round for a babysham.Good luck with your move.There are loads of people to answer your questions on here.
Thanks all the same, but I'd rather have a Buzz Fizz.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ravvers
After talking about it for a couple of years my husband and I are planning to move to Oz before the year is out. He is Australian, (so no visa required there!), but I'm British so in the process of completing the spouse visa application and will be sending it off shortly.

We've been together for 5 years and married for 3 years come August, and have a baby son who is currently 10 months old, so we're hoping our application will be approved easily and all sorted so we can move out in August/September.
In your circumstances you should be eligible for a permanent visa straight away. Has your son been registered as an Australian citizen by descent?

Also, is your husband also a British citizen, and if not, has he thought about obtaining citizenship before he leaves?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
In your circumstances you should be eligible for a permanent visa straight away. Has your son been registered as an Australian citizen by descent?

Also, is your husband also a British citizen, and if not, has he thought about obtaining citizenship before he leaves?
Thanks for the response. I'm happy to say we registered my son as an Aussie as soon as he was born and he's got his Aussie passport, plus my husband also became a British citzen a couple of years ago after having lived here for 10 years, so only me that needs sorting!

Phew for that as I don't think I could handly anymore paperwork!!! HEHEHE
Old Jan 5th 2011, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

My first spouse visa (I let the first one lapse) was similar to your position and took 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready for fun!

TD