Taking the Dog

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:42 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Taking the Dog

Can anyopne help please? I need some info on taking the dog to Oz with us. 8 weeks ago I decided that it would be best for Foxy to stay in th UK, so she went to live with Andrew's mother. It broke my heart but I got used to the idea. Then....... I got a phone call today to say as lovely as she is, his mum can't keep the dog. I'm not going through the hell of trying to find a good home for her again so now she is coming with me but I'm struggling to find any info. Any suggestions? Ta very much,

Sarah
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking the Dog

Originally posted by teach
Can anyopne help please? I need some info on taking the dog to Oz with us. 8 weeks ago I decided that it would be best for Foxy to stay in th UK, so she went to live with Andrew's mother. It broke my heart but I got used to the idea. Then....... I got a phone call today to say as lovely as she is, his mum can't keep the dog. I'm not going through the hell of trying to find a good home for her again so now she is coming with me but I'm struggling to find any info. Any suggestions? Ta very much,

Sarah

HI - there have been quite a few v informative threads on taking pets out. Do a search on dogs (or cats - same info). And visit airpets website (not sure of the URL but you could google to find them). All I have read about it is reassuring - we are planning to take 2 cats. Only thing - it's not cheap...
Best of luck
K_M
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:51 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Teach
This is who we got a quote from, they are supposed to be the best
www.airpets.com
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Sarah
We're hoping to be off to Brisbane early next year with the dog.
Having a quick browse I found these http://www.petexports.co.uk/.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 3:59 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Koala_mac, CROSSY and dazzac,

I will have a look at those sites. I'm so glad she is coming home again, I've missed her like mad and am not even sure what I was thinking of leaving her behind.

Sarah
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:05 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Sarah
The only thing I can think of is that it's hard to find rental places iwth dogs and you will have to make sure you give her heartworm tablets over there and if you are settling on the eastern seaboard check her regularly for ticks as paralysis ticks can kill a dog in 24 hours but it is managable. Good luck.
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 4:18 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Thanks, Mumomonty,

Ticks, yuck. Little bugger manages to get loads of those here. Don't fancy her getting the paralysis kind, hopefully there will be some kind of spray against them.

Sarah
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Anamws is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

We're actually taking our dogs and cat with us via airpets due to fly on 13 December. Tel: 01753 685571, www.airpets.com.
Expensive? Yes very, but worthit as far as I'm concerned! Dogs will need to be microchipedand vaccinated at least 12 months prior to flying, then blood tests by vet done 30 days prior to export as well as treating them for fleas. but all this will be explained by exporter.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:13 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Have just called Oz as our dog Barney arrived there on Sunday, he appears to be fine and barking allot, good sign!!!!!!! we used easipet.com but we are down in Sussex. It is not a cheap option whoever you use but we felt it was worth every penny, all in all it will probably cost us about £1,500 everything from agents handling fee, vets and quarantine in Perth, if you want to know anything more give me a pm, make it before wednesday as we fly out friday.
Good Luck
suz