Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Taking cats to Oz

Taking cats to Oz

Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

123swainston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking cats to Oz

We're emigrating in November and have just received a quote to take our 2 cats with us - Approx £2200 plus all vets fees in UK for vaccinations, chipping etc!!! So we thought about trying to do this ourselves as apposed to using Jets4Pets(who are obviously making a considerable profit). Has anyone done this iindependently I've downloaded all the forms from DEFRA and AQIS but it seems very long winded. Just seems an awful lot of money to spend when it's gonna cost less for a family of 5 to get our there! Any tips?

Thanks - Sue
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice
Default Re: Taking cats to Oz

Sue
Thats a good offer I looked into taking 1 cat and the quote was massive.
Where are you going. We are going out to brisbane in november from Barnsley (not far from you at all).
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

123swainston is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We're staying in Surfers for a few weeks in some holiday accommodation and then gonna have a look around Brisbane area for somewhere to rent.

Sue
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123swainston
We're emigrating in November and have just received a quote to take our 2 cats with us - Approx £2200 plus all vets fees in UK for vaccinations, chipping etc!!! So we thought about trying to do this ourselves as apposed to using Jets4Pets(who are obviously making a considerable profit). Has anyone done this iindependently I've downloaded all the forms from DEFRA and AQIS but it seems very long winded. Just seems an awful lot of money to spend when it's gonna cost less for a family of 5 to get our there! Any tips?

Thanks - Sue
You may be able to organise some of it yourself but I believe an authorised pet mover has to make the bookings on the plane as the airlines no longer take bookings from individuals.