Taking a baby?

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Taking a baby?

Hi, We are expecting our first in August, and that is when we plan to start the whole dreaded visa process, just wandered any one else with experience, what is it like out there without the help of your family.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:52 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Default Re: Taking a baby?

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
Hi, We are expecting our first in August, and that is when we plan to start the whole dreaded visa process, just wandered any one else with experience, what is it like out there without the help of your family.
hi darren well i suppose it's just the same here if you don't have your family to help you with children ....but i am sure you will manage plenty of kindy's out there and they are alot cheaper than the ones in england ......thats if you both are going to work out there ....but travelling to oz with kids is really nothing to be scared of..... just a little forward planning ...most airline staff are very very helpful ...we took our baby boy to oz when he was 3 months old and he slept most of the way and was good during the stop over in singapore
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 12:13 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

We came over here when our daughter was 18 months. We have never sought any family help in raising her, so it made no difference to us. Go for it, it will be the best thing for the three of you in the long scheme of things. We take our daughter everywhere with us, as do most people over here to be honest, it is a very family friendly country.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Sometimes when you have a baby it takes a lot of getting used to, with lack of sleep amongst other things. Filling out visa applications and getting all the necessary documantation together is a real pain and you may not manage it for a while after the birth. Why don't you do it now while you are still sane, then the wait won't seem too long when you get around to thinking about it again.

We have 2 kids and have always managed without any help. Babies seem to be easy from 3 months onwards - then the action starts when they can walk and pull everything off tables and out of cupboards - you've heard the stories. My daughter calmed down at 2 and was very managable again, and my son was wild until 4.

Good luck

Queenie

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Its just fine- and Oz is really family friendly. You need to make your own "family" of friends. Join baby/ toddler groups -even if you don't think its your thing-they are great for meeting other parents. We visited Oz with our 4 month old and she travelled beautifully- all babies are different but its good to know it can be a breeze. I will always remember carrying her in her sling through Singapore airport after a 12 hour flight. Most of the passengers looked knackered - she was smiling and giggled happily at everyone.

Good luck with your 2 great adventures
Ali
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I think Aus is better equipped than Uk for such things. Plenty of choice of baby groups/toddler groups. All sorts of things. New mums groups, baby massage, gymbaroo, swimming etc etc. You will be spoilt for choice. Not having your close family here will only be a problem if you let it. Friends are always the best people to use as babysitters, you will then return the favour and so it goes on.

Good luck, enjoy.
Diane
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:43 am
Tessa Steven

tessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Darren,

We live on Sunshine Coast, and brough a 5 year old with us last August, and are due our 2nd baby tomorrow.

The Sunshine Coast is amazing, due to the majority of people not originating from here (where are you going????), so most of my friends are in the same boat.

We all help each other with minding from time to time, school run I share which is fab.

Any more questions let me know,

Tessa

[email protected]
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:46 pm
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Taking a baby?

I would definitely recommend sending off your application while you're waiting for the baby as it means you don't have to do all the waiting once the baby is here. Just send a covering letter explaining that you want the baby included on the application and when its due. We sent ours off in December, baby was due mid-Feb, and got a reply from DIMIA asking us to go for meds etc at the beginning of March. We are now just waiting for the final answer. Please please please let it be YES!! Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Hi..

We are leaving the UK early September with our 3 year old and 1 year old, we don't live near to family now so I don't expect it to be a lot different, your new friends will become your new family and in our experience help from friends can be easier to get with less guilt than getting help from real flesh and blood.. having said that at the moment we do see both sets of grandparents every couple of months so it will be quite sad for the children (and us) not to see them so often..

Good luck
Julie
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

... or leave behind??

dilema!!
Old Jun 5th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you very much, would love to start the whole process noww but just want to save a little bit more money and Tessa wow good luck. We are going to Perth
Old Jun 5th 2005, 10:56 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
We came over here when our daughter was 18 months. We have never sought any family help in raising her, so it made no difference to us. Go for it, it will be the best thing for the three of you in the long scheme of things. We take our daughter everywhere with us, as do most people over here to be honest, it is a very family friendly country.
Hiya was just wondering how did your daughter cope with the flights my son is 18mths old and i am dreading the long journey with him, he is a good flyer but we have only done short trips before one to menorca at 9mths which was a 2hour flight and recently one to gran canaria which took 4 hrs he was good as gold going to gran canaria but he did have his own seat he is a reaol fidget and doesn't like to sit still for too long going out we had 9.30 am flights so he slept for 1st hour whichj was his usual nap time and then was awake for rest of flight but wanted to walk up and down the aisle alot coming back we flew early hours of the morning and he slept for the whole flight. i am just really nervous of spending such a long time cooped up with him i don't want to annoy other passengers.

thanks for letting me waffle
Poshrice
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya was just wondering how did your daughter cope with the flights my son is 18mths old and i am dreading the long journey with him, he is a good flyer but we have only done short trips before one to menorca at 9mths which was a 2hour flight and recently one to gran canaria which took 4 hrs he was good as gold going to gran canaria but he did have his own seat he is a reaol fidget and doesn't like to sit still for too long going out we had 9.30 am flights so he slept for 1st hour whichj was his usual nap time and then was awake for rest of flight but wanted to walk up and down the aisle alot coming back we flew early hours of the morning and he slept for the whole flight. i am just really nervous of spending such a long time cooped up with him i don't want to annoy other passengers.

thanks for letting me waffle
Poshrice
Hi there. We are flying to Oz in a couple of weeks with our 2 children 13 and 2yrs. Jonjo (the 2yr) is also a right fidget bum ever since the day he was born! I am cacking my pants thinking of the 'dreaded flight' and how to amuse him for all this time. Not to mention the 2 minute concentration span he has as well!!!! Ideas anyone?
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:36 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Hi there. We are flying to Oz in a couple of weeks with our 2 children 13 and 2yrs. Jonjo (the 2yr) is also a right fidget bum ever since the day he was born! I am cacking my pants thinking of the 'dreaded flight' and how to amuse him for all this time. Not to mention the 2 minute concentration span he has as well!!!! Ideas anyone?

GIN!! LOL
Old Jun 5th 2005, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future

Do a night flight, have a few days in Singapore, then do another night flight!

Queenie

Originally Posted by funkybuddah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.