Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tad chilly in here!

Tad chilly in here!

Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:13 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Tad chilly in here!

Hey all!

Just noticed this when cleaning up my bookmarks.

Not sure how many of you will remember me... lots of new faces (well... names). Im still here! Still live and kicking! Still in small town SA, plugging along. Life is going well in general, my business is still going (not sure if ppl here remember this...), still teach at TAFE, still spend all day in my house-coat (dressing gown - its sooo cold indoors), still trying to convince my mother in law that top load washing machines should all be gathered together and used to fill in big holes in the ground, still trying to teach my father in law that REAL beer is served ROOM TEMP not freezing (so you can actually taste it you see).

So anyone here still post from when i was a regular? Hows aussie life treating you?

Did i mention that ITS COLD INDOORS at the moment?

All saved up and heading back for the first time in 4(?) years this Christmas. OUCHIES flights are expensive!! Still.... its ok... the grannies will be pleased to see us!

Anyway...i wont waffle on about crap unless there are people here who know who i am!! If you remember me... pipe up and let me know hows things!

Cheers

Pete!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all
Default Re: Tad chilly in here!

Hi Pete,

I don't know you, but I think you might be a great example of a recent discussion I've just had with my O/H. She thinks that most migrants simply drop this site once they've settled and get on with their new life. Why would you bother using this once you have settled down nicely into your new place, unless things aren't going well and this is some sort of lifeline to others who can somehow reassure?

graham
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:39 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pete,
Hows the photography going?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:46 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Max&Ozzy
Hi Pete,

I don't know you, but I think you might be a great example of a recent discussion I've just had with my O/H. She thinks that most migrants simply drop this site once they've settled and get on with their new life. Why would you bother using this once you have settled down nicely into your new place, unless things aren't going well and this is some sort of lifeline to others who can somehow reassure?

graham
Hi Graham,

To some extent yes, i reckon you are correct (well... for myself anyway). I was posting here extensively for the 3 to 4 months before we moved, mainly because i was so excited (and with LOTS of apprehension) about the move. Got out here... settled into the daily grind (which by the way is remarkably similar to the daily grind i was used to in the UK), and well.. forgot about the site/community really.

I do have to admit though, overall life is great out here still. Not sure i would feel the same way had i moved to one of the big cities, but living in a small rural town is my idea of whoopie.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:48 pm
A Male Member

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hey Pete,
Hows the photography going?
Hey Cresta!! Blue stars!! You've moved up in the world

Photography is going well, lots of work about (too many people want wedding photographs though... which i refuse to do hehe). Started teaching evening classes too which is fun and suppliements the pocket money.

Still fishing?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PeteY
Hi Graham,

To some extent yes, i reckon you are correct (well... for myself anyway). I was posting here extensively for the 3 to 4 months before we moved, mainly because i was so excited (and with LOTS of apprehension) about the move. Got out here... settled into the daily grind (which by the way is remarkably similar to the daily grind i was used to in the UK), and well.. forgot about the site/community really.

I do have to admit though, overall life is great out here still. Not sure i would feel the same way had i moved to one of the big cities, but living in a small rural town is my idea of whoopie.
Thanks, very encouraging. We're moving to SA just as soon as we can sell our house. Probably Adelaide, mainly for employment reasons, but love the idea of a local community / small town life.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:57 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Cresta!! Blue stars!! You've moved up in the world

Photography is going well, lots of work about (too many people want wedding photographs though... which i refuse to do hehe). Started teaching evening classes too which is fun and suppliements the pocket money.

Still fishing?
Very much into the fishing mate. At least one day a week out in my tinnie, more if Deb fancies a shopping trip
Pleased the photography is going so good, when you enjoy what you do life's just so much better
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:12 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

So anyone here still post from when i was a regular? Hows aussie life treating you?
Hey Pete,

Yes there are some of us still around, not that I ever really posted much - got nothing worth saying really. If I ever get up to over 2000 posts like you, I will probably give it all up.

Aussie life is treating me great - but then it always was and I only discovered this site after I had been here a couple of years and was well settled.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:56 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PeteY *blows Pete kisses* glad to see you're still alive & kicking & enjoying it mate, there are a few of us left, but not too many.

You should move to Brisbane PeteY, Im sitting in my (totally unheated) house at 8am in shorts & a tshirt .
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:07 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya pete
*waves to pete*

well im still here (in the uk ..... )

glad to hear life is treating you well!!

take care
sue x
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:09 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all!

Just noticed this when cleaning up my bookmarks.

Not sure how many of you will remember me... lots of new faces (well... names). Im still here!
Pete!

Pete, I remember you, didn't your avatar thing once include a tinnie? I am also newly revisiting after not really being on here for about 18 months.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:22 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Hey I remember you, more from the avatar than anything.
Back in the good old days when we had PB, Megalania and Kong to keep us entertained. Much water has passed under the trolls bridge now.
You won't remember me cos I was someone else.

gedge aka Chris from JnC
Old Jul 27th 2006, 12:53 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
gedge aka Chris from JnC
So how bloody slow am I then?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:08 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
So how bloody slow am I then?
what? you didn't know?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:15 am
A Male Member

Hi guys, nice to see a few names i remember!

Mrs D. Its 10.50am here as i type, and the little thermometer on my mobile phone says its 12 degrees. I have had the heater on for about half an hour, so i am guessing it got down to about 8 degrees INDOORS last night. I cannot wait to finally purchase a house so i can go celebrate by BUYING INSULATION!!!! As it stands i wake each morning with a nose like a dog, and nipples like tent pegs.

Mr D... Hope you're still on the old speckled hen

Gedge! Know what happened to megs in end?

Anyone fill me in on Badge, Bondipom, Bundy, Ceri and Dotty?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.