Reload this Page >

Syndey schooling question

Syndey schooling question

Old Nov 13th 2006, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

oradba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Syndey schooling question

Hi,

Please help me on this issue.....confusing after search net...

These days I have searched for schooling information on the net but I am confusing...I recap what my understanding here based on the search and please clarify for me if I was wrong.

My son was born in may 2003. Therefore, he will turn to 4 years old in May 2007.

In 2007, kids need to go daily care centre or whatever. This is not compulsory, right?

Before end of year 2007, my son need to register for prechool and start preschool from Jan 2008, right? Does preschool means same thing with kindergarten? And preschool or kindergarten is under primary school? If so, my son can go to public school with preschool facilities, right?

Jan Year 2008, my son will attend Year 1 at primary school and this need to registered before end of year 2007, right?

Sorry for so many questions..

cheers,

oradba
Old Nov 13th 2006, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Syndey schooling question

Originally Posted by oradba
Hi,

Please help me on this issue.....confusing after search net...

These days I have searched for schooling information on the net but I am confusing...I recap what my understanding here based on the search and please clarify for me if I was wrong.

My son was born in may 2003. Therefore, he will turn to 4 years old in May 2007.

In 2007, kids need to go daily care centre or whatever. This is not compulsory, right?

Before end of year 2007, my son need to register for prechool and start preschool from Jan 2008, right? Does preschool means same thing with kindergarten? And preschool or kindergarten is under primary school? If so, my son can go to public school with preschool facilities, right?

Jan Year 2008, my son will attend Year 1 at primary school and this need to registered before end of year 2007, right?

Sorry for so many questions..

cheers,

oradba

In NSW the first year of school is called Kindergarten, therefore your son will start school in 2008. Preschools are, usually, privately owned and you don't have to send him if you don't want to.