Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney's Night Life

Sydney's Night Life

Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:20 am
Just Joined

lorski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney's Night Life

Hello! My name is Laura and I am from Canada. I am most likely moving to Sydney at the beginning of November to work for 6-12 months. ( I have applied for a Working Holiday Visa)
I want to be a bartender there, but I would like to live close to where I work because I don’t drive. Does anybody know any good busy nightclubs that would be close to the beach too? Could you please leave me the suburbs names too?

Also if I can’t get a job before I move there, would it be hard to get a job in Sydney?

Thank you so much!!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:14 am
Just Joined

lorski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney's Night Life

why is nobody helping me out?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Manly is quite a good spot for nightlife, but I don't go to bars so can't help- I have only been here for 8 weeks myself, but the life in Manly went on until 4am sometimes. I have now moved to a quieter spot next to a busy road and a trainline
Caroline
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorski
why is nobody helping me out?
They are probably asleep.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Ok, Night Club’s/Bars near the beach, the suburbs would be:

Bondi
Manly

Night Club’s/Bars in general for Sydney are all over the place, we have a huge nightlife here. The main area’s are, This are the suburbs/areas in the City Centre:

The Rocks
Darling Harbour
George Street
Oxford Street
Kings Cross
Darlinghurst
Newtown
Circular Quay

Then the outer suburbs have their own little spots:

North Sydney
Parramatta
Brighton
Rockdale
Bondi Junction

There are plenty more, they are just the ones I can think off. Most popular and busiest are the city areas like The Rocks, Darling Harbour, Oxford and George streets.

Good luck, you’ll easily get a bar job, just remember to work in a bar here you need an RSA certificate (a 4 hour course you do when you get here)

Mikey
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:47 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Ok, Night Club’s/Bars near the beach, the suburbs would be:

Bondi
Manly

Night Club’s/Bars in general for Sydney are all over the place, we have a huge nightlife here. The main area’s are, This are the suburbs/areas in the City Centre:

The Rocks
Darling Harbour
George Street
Oxford Street
Kings Cross
Darlinghurst
Newtown
Circular Quay

Then the outer suburbs have their own little spots:

North Sydney
Parramatta
Brighton
Rockdale
Bondi Junction

There are plenty more, they are just the ones I can think off. Most popular and busiest are the city areas like The Rocks, Darling Harbour, Oxford and George streets.

Good luck, you’ll easily get a bar job, just remember to work in a bar here you need an RSA certificate (a 4 hour course you do when you get here)

Mikey
WTF Rockdale?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by IvanM
WTF Rockdale?
Haha yea, I know.... Crazy but true. Mainly Rockdale centre there are a few places and then down to Brighton le sands (it’s mostly bars that get filled with locals on Friday and Saturday nights).

No I don’t go there, lol.... just lived in that area a few years ago.

In here in the city centre is the best for night spots, so many to choose.

Mikey
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:03 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
Haha yea, I know.... Crazy but true. Mainly Rockdale centre there are a few places and then down to Brighton le sands (it’s mostly bars that get filled with locals on Friday and Saturday nights).

No I don’t go there, lol.... just lived in that area a few years ago.

In here in the city centre is the best for night spots, so many to choose.

Mikey
I lived in a suburb next door for a bit. I don't have a Suburu so I don't feel at home in Brighton
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IvanM
I don't have a Suburu so I don't feel at home in Brighton
Same reason I'd never go, I also don't have that stupid hair cut required to get entry to those clubs. lol

Mikey
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:33 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

What Mikey said. Also, Coogee is fantastic and 2 very big bars. one of which was a quality nightclub last time I was there. Both are right on the beach and there's a good backpacker scene in Coogee. You should come for a beer with me and Pacey when you get there, we're both looking to go to Coogee.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

CaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud of

I'll second that I just came back from Sydney and I would definitely advise Bondi or Coogee - I lived in Bondi you had the Beach Road which was open pretty late, i think Hotel Bondi seemed to be the main nightclub but I used to walk down the coast on a warm day through Bronte, Tamarama until I got to Coogee just ready for a cold beer. There was a big hotel/bar first you came across in Coogee if walking down the coast that on a midweek night had a deal "buy a pint get a steak free" used to be ram packed.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:00 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CaptainMerton
I'll second that I just came back from Sydney and I would definitely advise Bondi or Coogee - I lived in Bondi you had the Beach Road which was open pretty late, i think Hotel Bondi seemed to be the main nightclub but I used to walk down the coast on a warm day through Bronte, Tamarama until I got to Coogee just ready for a cold beer. There was a big hotel/bar first you came across in Coogee if walking down the coast that on a midweek night had a deal "buy a pint get a steak free" used to be ram packed.
That's the Palace
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

CaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud of

It was certainly a good deal.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:08 am
Just Joined

idgannih is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:09 am
Just Joined

idgannih is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.