Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney.. where to go for a good night out?

Sydney.. where to go for a good night out?

Old Oct 1st 2005, 10:30 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sydney.. where to go for a good night out?

Any ideas? Please, no nightclubs.. i'm sooo over them!

Good restaurants?

Fun places with live music?

We intend to try out all your recommendations
Old Oct 1st 2005, 10:45 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney.. where to go for a good night out?

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi

Good restaurants?

Horizons bar, 35th floor of the Shangrala Hotel.. fantastic cocktails (if a bit pricey) but brilliant views over the harbour..

I was there just the other weekend, and was one of the highlights of the sydney trip.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 11:05 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sloake
Horizons bar, 35th floor of the Shangrala Hotel.. fantastic cocktails (if a bit pricey) but brilliant views over the harbour..

I was there just the other weekend, and was one of the highlights of the sydney trip.
the orient pub near circular key
Old Oct 1st 2005, 1:30 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks sloake and jjonboy. We shall try them out

coincidentally, i've been slurrping cocktails all night tonight! Havent done that for years. I might just get a taste for them.

I did want to ask if anyone has tried the famous Doyles restaurant and is the food as good as it is hyped up to be?
Old Oct 1st 2005, 4:34 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Head over to the Clovelly Hotel ( http://www.clovellyhotel.com.au/ ) over Coogee way, food is great, good atmosphere

Also Hurricane's Steak Restaurant in Bondi, followed by dessert at Pompeii Gelato place a few doors down

There is an awesome pub in Balmain which does amazing seafood, can't remember the name but will try and find out, its off the main street on the right if you are heading up the hill.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 5:39 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks sloake and jjonboy. We shall try them out

coincidentally, i've been slurrping cocktails all night tonight! Havent done that for years. I might just get a taste for them.

I did want to ask if anyone has tried the famous Doyles restaurant and is the food as good as it is hyped up to be?
Well we enjoyed it. There is one in Watsons Bay (get the ferry its well nice) which we have been to and the one in the Quay.

Hugos Brasserie in Bondi is really really nice. Shangrala in town is great for the view as already said. We also like the Oyster Bar on Circular Quay, nice to sit outside eating good seafood now that it is warming up.

Opera Bar is good as well for a few drinks, sat under the Opera House looking out at the Harbour Bridge, well nice.

When it warms up a bit more a great night out is the Moonlight Cinema in the Centenial park. Brilliant watching a film lying on a bean bag drinking red wine while fruit bats are flying about.

Icebergs in Bondi is good for a night out as well, live music and good atmosphere.

Last edited by russmcp; Oct 1st 2005 at 5:40 pm. Reason: To add something
Old Oct 1st 2005, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Good restaurants?

The Wharf Restaurant above the theatre. I sat looking out of the window at the harbour bridge. lovely
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:47 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sloake

I was there three weekends ago and ditto - fantastic views. Funnily enough I was on a work trip and one of my colleagues gave her room number for the drinks to go on thinking the tab would be picked up by the bosses before we left. It wasn't and she was landed with a $500+ drinks bill lol

She did of course claim it back...

R
Old Oct 1st 2005, 7:49 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Nice restaurant called I Thai down on the harbour and Kobe Jones is good if you like Japanese.

R
Old Oct 1st 2005, 8:50 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Nice restaurant called I Thai down on the harbour and Kobe Jones is good if you like Japanese.

R
Slip Inn is pretty good and cargo bar around darling harbour if that suites your taste
Old Oct 1st 2005, 11:47 pm
Banned

It seems i shall be very busy!

Looking forward to trying all your recommendations out.

I didnt realise there were 2 Doyles restuarants. Only heard of the one near the fish markets.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 2:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems i shall be very busy!

Looking forward to trying all your recommendations out.

I didnt realise there were 2 Doyles restuarants. Only heard of the one near the fish markets.
The fish markets in general are worth going to for lunch. I find Doyles is living a bit on its fame.