Sydney Suburbs

Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

BandiCoot2Oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney Suburbs

Hi Guys, i am in the process of having my skills assessed and have an employer to sponsor me in Sydney. Would like to live close to sydney but my budget just isn't going to do it for me. Looking at maybe $350.000 to$400.000 we have been looking at the hills district, places like Quakers Hill and Dean Park and surrounds, any info on these would be appreciated.

Thanks Steve
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney Suburbs

You could look on www.cityhobo.com site for info. Quite amusing, not sure how accurate.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Seasider
You could look on www.cityhobo.com site for info. Quite amusing, not sure how accurate.
Thanks i will try it
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Sydney Suburbs

Originally Posted by Seasider
Nice site, thanks. Is there an equivalent for Melbourne?
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:26 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure as I went there once and decided it was enough. Hopefully somebody else can suggest one.

By the looks of cityhobo, it's set up ready to expand to other areas and Melbourne looks to be in the planning stages.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:16 pm
bonvoyage

are you looking to rent or buy there?

Old Jan 11th 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bonvoyage
are you looking to rent or buy there?
Rent to begin with then maybe buy.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:59 am
Just Joined

charliegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been using cityhobo for a few months, to work out where to live etc. We found it to be quite accurate. I think what we like about it is it doesn't gloss over things.

I agree with the above comment that it is entertaining. It compares each suburb to a shoe! How entertaining is that?
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:13 am
Auntie Fa

It reminds me of the "Luxe Guides" - sort of the residents' version of the Anti-Rough-Guide tourist guide (I get one for every city I go to, if they've produced one).

Maybe that's what it's aiming for.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:33 am
Just Joined

The Luxe guides are great. Their market is aimed at those with money to spend. I found cityhobo to be kind of cheeky and down to earth.

We went to check out one area called Ashfield. And the cityhobo profile wasn't exactly glowing but it did suggest some good places to eat at. We took up one suggestion at an Asian place and just loved the food. Luxe won't really venture into those types of suburbs.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

I have a look last night an agree its a nice site. Only pity is that it doesn't extend out to places like Narella/Camden and the like.

(btw, I often see Surry Hills spelt as 'Surrey'. I presume that's just us Brits getting it wrong)
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:48 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

doesn't seem to cover Cronulla!!
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Maybe there's not much to say about Cronulla.

I don't know, I've never been there.

Has anyone been to Cronulla? Is it any good?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Oh, and it is Surry Hills, not Surrey. It takes a bit of getting used to.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charliegirl
Oh, and it is Surry Hills, not Surrey. It takes a bit of getting used to.
It's only Surry Hills in Sydney.

Melbourne has a Surrey Hills .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.