Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney public transport question

Sydney public transport question

Old May 23rd 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice
Default Sydney public transport question

Afternoon all!

Can anyone help with this...

how much is an annual season ticket for trains/buses etc (does this exist??)
also, ferries - how much would the commute into CBD cost from say Manly??

Thanks folks!

Kunjal
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:05 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney public transport question

It depends on where you are travelling from however you will find all the information you need here

http://www.cityrail.info/fares/travelpass.jsp
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

Originally Posted by asher
It depends on where you are travelling from however you will find all the information you need here

http://www.cityrail.info/fares/travelpass.jsp
Thanks Asher
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to be of help, we are in Cronulla, where do you think you will settle? we found the season tickets miles cheaper than the UK where commuting to London cost an arm and a leg! The trains seem a lot more reliable as well
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Glad to be of help, we are in Cronulla, where do you think you will settle? we found the season tickets miles cheaper than the UK where commuting to London cost an arm and a leg! The trains seem a lot more reliable as well
that is the big question at the moment! ideally i would love to leave london (and the Northern line!) and come and live on a beach... mainly because we may come home in a year and at least then i can say i lived the dream for a year!!

having said that, prices may dictate that we cant afford to live quite that dream straight away!! lol

its really weird looking at the link and having to look at another map to work out where these routes actually go thru (born and bred londoner who never struggles to find her way home drunk!!)

all part of the research though so hey ho!!

actually - do you know where i might find a map that shows where stations etc are in relation to road.. like multimap??
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by kunjal and shamir
that is the big question at the moment! ideally i would love to leave london (and the Northern line!) and come and live on a beach... mainly because we may come home in a year and at least then i can say i lived the dream for a year!!

having said that, prices may dictate that we cant afford to live quite that dream straight away!! lol

its really weird looking at the link and having to look at another map to work out where these routes actually go thru (born and bred londoner who never struggles to find her way home drunk!!)

all part of the research though so hey ho!!

actually - do you know where i might find a map that shows where stations etc are in relation to road.. like multimap??

no I cant remenber off hand but husband is in Syd has been there nearly 2 years will ask him when he gets up later ok as I'm sure he has this on computer
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

no I cant remenber off hand but husband is in Syd has been there nearly 2 years will ask him when he gets up later ok as I'm sure he has this on computer
so are you in the uk??
or are you on BE in the middle of the night?
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:12 pm

so are you in the uk??
or are you on BE in the middle of the night?

unfortunately I am stuck in the UK waiting to go, I have my dull little orange sticker but can't go yet

I am usually on BE in the middle of the night anyway
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

oh i see! so you are living on the other side of the world at the moment

When are you going?

by the way i found a site called cityhobo that looks interesting
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:29 pm

www.multimap.com.au

download the ato z on here it's free

It is a long story about why I'm not there. He has been in Oz 18 months now I went over for 3 months but had to come back

city hobo is good too
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:48 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kunjal, I've only been in Sydney 3 weeks and have a terrible sense of direction so am getting a lot of use out of Google Maps.

The railway site has the stations on but, like a Tube map, it's had its kinks straightened out and can be a bit misleading.

www.whereis.com.au is also useful.

Before we moved, I also bought a map from the bookstore, as it really helped to see the whole of the city laid out, to get a sense of relative distances.

cityhobo is fun and quite accurate, from what I've seen
Old May 24th 2008, 12:27 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon all!

Can anyone help with this...

how much is an annual season ticket for trains/buses etc (does this exist??)
also, ferries - how much would the commute into CBD cost from say Manly??

Thanks folks!

Kunjal
Kunjal, I live in Manly and commute to the CBD via public transport. I get a weekly ticket which covers all transport and it costs $43.
Old May 24th 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

www.multimap.com.au

download the ato z on here it's free

It is a long story about why I'm not there. He has been in Oz 18 months now I went over for 3 months but had to come back

city hobo is good too
haha it would have been clever to check .com.au for multimap!

Thanks
Old May 24th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paddyo
Kunjal, I live in Manly and commute to the CBD via public transport. I get a weekly ticket which covers all transport and it costs $43.
Hi Paadyo... as you can see i am still stuck on wanting to live in manly so am putting my argument together (sorry i mean pros and cons!!)

how are you? your wife still loving Manly life?
Old May 24th 2008, 1:23 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paadyo... as you can see i am still stuck on wanting to live in manly so am putting my argument together (sorry i mean pros and cons!!)

how are you? your wife still loving Manly life?
Yes, we have been exploring and still lots to see in Manly itself, had a nice walk around the cove today and some lovely walks and parks here.
Wife starts her new job on Tuesday so she is very happy, and we pick up our new Nissan X Trail next weekend then we can really explore!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.