Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney night out at the Summit Bar

Sydney night out at the Summit Bar

Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:21 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney night out at the Summit Bar

Hi all,

First of all, apologies to Fastfunker and whoever else's toes I might be stepping on by starting this thread - don't mean to steal anyone's thunder here!

Having said that, I thought I'd start a new thread to see who is interested in the night out that's been suggested.

Date: Saturday April 23rd
Location: The Summit Bar (To quote Fastfunker: 'For those who haven't been, the summit is a bar/restaurant on top of Australia Square (47th floor or something), accessed by either Pitt or George Streets, and the bar does a complete 360deg spin every hour (and that's before you start drinking!). Views are amazing, especially at night.') The address is: Lvl 47, Australia Sq, 264 George St (http://www.summitrestaurant.com.au)
Time: Errrrrrm, your guess as good as mine on that. Alan&Sonia suggested meeting at sunset to see the lights come on across the city and allow those reliant on peasant wagons, sorry, public transport (me & 'im included!) time to get back at a reasonable hour. Should they want to! What time would that be?About 6 pm ish?

I think, so far, Rappits, Fastfunker, Alan&Sonia and the GG's have expressed an interest.

Any more takers?

Nichola
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:25 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney night out at the Summit Bar

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi all,

First of all, apologies to Fastfunker and whoever else's toes I might be stepping on by starting this thread - don't mean to steal anyone's thunder here!

Having said that, I thought I'd start a new thread to see who is interested in the night out that's been suggested.

Location: The Summit Bar (To quote Fastfunker: 'For those who haven't been, the summit is a bar/restaurant on top of Australia Square (47th floor or something), accessed by either Pitt or George Streets, and the bar does a complete 360deg spin every hour (and that's before you start drinking!). Views are amazing, especially at night.') The address is: Lvl 47, Australia Sq, 264 George St (http://www.summitrestaurant.com.au)
Time: Errrrrrm, your guess as good as mine on that. Alan&Sonia suggested meeting at sunset to see the lights come on across the city and allow those reliant on peasant wagons, sorry, public transport (me & 'im included!) time to get back at a reasonable hour. Should they want to! What time would that be?About 6 pm ish?

I think, so far, Rappits, Fastfunker, Alan&Sonia and the GG's have expressed an interest.

Any more takers?

Nichola
sorry cant make it, im moving house that day
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:34 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from not being in Sydney yet, the last time I ate in a revolving restaurant (at the AMP tower) the contents of the meal were back up again by the time I reached the bridge to Darling harbour - and I only had a glass of wine - honest
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:15 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by walaj
Apart from not being in Sydney yet, the last time I ate in a revolving restaurant (at the AMP tower) the contents of the meal were back up again by the time I reached the bridge to Darling harbour - and I only had a glass of wine - honest
The summit is a different class though...you hardly know you are moving.

Wish we could be there for the meet, but don't arrive until 2nd June.

Mike.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Hi all,

Any more takers?

Nichola
Step away, no problem really! I am a bit useless getting on this forum during the week anyway as work is a bit hectic + we have managed to break our lease early on our place in St Ives but now have 2 weeks to find a new place :scared:

Anyway, we'll be there; may be after 7 though coz have to get kids to bed etc....
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't actually realise Summit revolved the first time i went. I was horribly confused when I got up and the loos had dissappeared
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:33 am
Wahroonga Boy

Wahroonga Boy will become famous soon enough

We won't both be able to make it as we can't get a baby sitter but one of us will probably be there

Richard
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:58 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Richard,

That's too bad - but we'll look forward to seeing either you or Alison again.

And congratulations to Fastfunker! Glad to hear the good news about the lease - and good luck with finding a new place quickly.

Nichola

Originally Posted by Wahroonga Boy
We won't both be able to make it as we can't get a baby sitter but one of us will probably be there

Richard
Old Apr 6th 2005, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
Step away, no problem really! I am a bit useless getting on this forum during the week anyway as work is a bit hectic + we have managed to break our lease early on our place in St Ives but now have 2 weeks to find a new place :scared:

Anyway, we'll be there; may be after 7 though coz have to get kids to bed etc....
congrats for breaking the lease, I bet thats a huge relief!

How was the flat you went to see in Harbord?

Hope to catch up soon!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by igual
congrats for breaking the lease, I bet thats a huge relief!

How was the flat you went to see in Harbord?

Hope to catch up soon!
Sarah saw it today, but it was an utter sh*t-hole! The view was amazing- wall to ceiling glass at one end of the living room with Freshwater beach right there! If you could stare at that all day and ignore the rest you'd be fine. And the agent still tried to talk it up; hilarious!

We've got 2 weeks to find somewhere and move in; new tenant takes over this place on the 20th; so relieved on the one hand, but stressed on the other! Not sure if the unit idea is such a good one now (even though I still have a yearning to be in the middle of Manly); not kiddie friendly. And I have had to cancel my fishing trip on saturday to drive around the northern beaches

We may be back to the original Collaroy plan. Further out (probably about the same to Manly as your place?), but at least we can get a house there AND be near the beach....
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
Sarah saw it today, but it was an utter sh*t-hole! The view was amazing- wall to ceiling glass at one end of the living room with Freshwater beach right there! If you could stare at that all day and ignore the rest you'd be fine. And the agent still tried to talk it up; hilarious!

We've got 2 weeks to find somewhere and move in; new tenant takes over this place on the 20th; so relieved on the one hand, but stressed on the other! Not sure if the unit idea is such a good one now (even though I still have a yearning to be in the middle of Manly); not kiddie friendly. And I have had to cancel my fishing trip on saturday to drive around the northern beaches

We may be back to the original Collaroy plan. Further out (probably about the same to Manly as your place?), but at least we can get a house there AND be near the beach....
cake and eat it springs to mind
only jokin mate, good luck with the hoose huntin'
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

Hi Nichola,We shall try and make it,it all depends on if we can get a babysitter..........I shall keep you posted.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:57 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good.

Yeah probably best to meet somewhere else first before heading to the summit, probably best to book a table or something
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Chalkfarm - it would be good to see you and hubbie there, Claire. Keep us posted.

Rappits - I'll leave booking anything for another week until numbers are confirmed and then am happy to book something, if people want me to.

GG
Old Apr 8th 2005, 2:49 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Chalkfarm - it would be good to see you and hubbie there, Claire. Keep us posted.

Rappits - I'll leave booking anything for another week until numbers are confirmed and then am happy to book something, if people want me to.

GG
I'm not sure if the Summit will allow you to book a table unless going for the full restaurant option. You can just turn up for drinks, and their tapas is a good option.
I heard a story of a woman putting her handbag down beside her (on the non moving part) and was more than a little agitated when it 'disappeared'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.