British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney meets (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-meets-344239/)

soapy© Dec 23rd 2005 7:34 pm

Sydney meets

Hi gang, Pauline and I would like to thank you all for the fun we have had at all the Sydney meets. The amount of really nice people we have met is far too long to list, but you know who you are.
It’s been great catching up and hearing how things have changed for each person since the meet before. Some of the young couples now are parents or just about to be and some have returned home.
Its not easy emigrating to the other side of the world, weather you have kids or not, but you lot have made our life here much easier with you pish© patter and kindness.
Pauline would personally like to thank you all for putting up with me at the meets, she claims it gives her a break.
We would love to catch up with you before we head north, but I doubt if we will get that chance, so I will take this chance to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
For all the people struggling, I hope this year takes a turn for the better.
Love to you all
Soapy and Pauline

binbird Dec 23rd 2005 7:48 pm

Re: Sydney meets

Shame we didn't get to meet you Soapy but all the best with the move.

Merry Christmas and enjoy what the New Year brings "up North"!

Binbird

soapy© Dec 23rd 2005 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by binbird
Shame we didn't get to meet you Soapy but all the best with the move.

Merry Christmas and enjoy what the New Year brings "up North"!

Binbird

thank you. they are a great bunch the sydney gang its going to be hard leaving, but hey onwards and upwards :D

Pants Dec 23rd 2005 8:17 pm

aww Soapy you are just soooooooo sweet.!!! What a shame we never got to meet you and Mrs Soapy. All the best for up North!!!.... :) :beer:

soapy© Dec 23rd 2005 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pants
aww Soapy you are just soooooooo sweet.!!! What a shame we never got to meet you and Mrs Soapy. All the best for up North!!!.... :) :beer:

it is a shame mate, you are one person i wish i had meet. a lot of the post u have made over the years have really made me laugh. ;)
thanx for the kind wishes :beer:

Pants Dec 23rd 2005 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
it is a shame mate, you are one person i wish i had meet. a lot of the post u have made over the years have really made me laugh. ;)
thanx for the kind wishes :beer:

Karma to you and have you sold that car yet.????lol....we had ours taken from the yard in Liverpool( and no not pinched,...honestly.... we paid to get it taken of)..right bunch of cowboys so if anyone wants to buy a nice honda...blah, blah blah.....

Just keep us posted with your travels....envy :) envy !!!! :rolleyes:

P x

soapy© Dec 23rd 2005 8:41 pm

Karma to you and have you sold that car yet.????lol....we had ours taken from the yard in Liverpool( and no not pinched,...honestly.... we paid to get it taken of)..right bunch of cowboys so if anyone wants to buy a nice honda...blah, blah blah.....

Just keep us posted with your travels....envy :) envy !!!! :rolleyes:

P x

yip sold the car ;)
i sound like a good idea when they offer to sell your car, but its just to fill their lot. they never show it to anyone and they put them off it so they can sell the cars they own :rolleyes:

yafm Dec 24th 2005 7:45 pm

Bon voyage robert and pauline but you don't get away from us that easily. Keep in trouch with your new whereabouts as we often come up north to see other friends and could arrange a meetup then. Happy Christmas and a successful and prosperous New Year. :beer:

Ian12 Dec 25th 2005 12:11 pm

Robert, I and the bairns wish you and Pauline well in your new venture. We will just say goodbye for now as I am sure there will be opportunities for us to meet again either this end of NSW or in your new patch.

Best of luck and thanks for all your hard work in galvanising the Sydney mob - or at least those of us who know who we are :beer:

Bix Dec 25th 2005 1:11 pm

All the best for up North!!!....

Don't let the bugga come too far North there's a lot of endangered species here you know. ;)

Bordy Dec 25th 2005 8:31 pm

I'm one of the lucky ones not to have met you Soapy. :D

Aw ra best over Xmas though & have a great Hogmany & new year. Best of luck with the move.

soapy© Dec 26th 2005 12:56 am

thanx for all the kind widhes guys. im off to drink more be and back to retaliate later ;) :beer:

igual Dec 26th 2005 10:26 am

All the best Soapy and Pauline, Shame we didnt get to see you before! When is the big move happening?Sorry it's probably been said a million times already, but i've not been on here much lately, as Nick and I have been up to the neck in nappies from our new arrival Max!
hope it all go's smoothly
Fiona,Nick and Max x

soapy© Dec 26th 2005 11:13 am

Originally Posted by igual
All the best Soapy and Pauline, Shame we didnt get to see you before! When is the big move happening?Sorry it's probably been said a million times already, but i've not been on here much lately, as Nick and I have been up to the neck in nappies from our new arrival Max!
hope it all go's smoothly
Fiona,Nick and Max x

thanx fiona, we will be moving as soon as we can after my family have been out for a visit.
i got the photos of max today. hes lovely.
all the best to both of you. ;)

soapy© Dec 28th 2005 10:09 am

Originally Posted by yafm
Bon voyage robert and pauline but you don't get away from us that easily. Keep in trouch with your new whereabouts as we often come up north to see other friends and could arrange a meetup then. Happy Christmas and a successful and prosperous New Year. :beer:

dont u worry guys, we will keep in touch ;)

soapy© Dec 28th 2005 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Ian12
Robert, I and the bairns wish you and Pauline well in your new venture. We will just say goodbye for now as I am sure there will be opportunities for us to meet again either this end of NSW or in your new patch.

Best of luck and thanks for all your hard work in galvanising the Sydney mob - or at least those of us who know who we are :beer:

thanx ian for the kind words mate.
god luck with the house and the family.........oh did u get the glass oot the pool?????? :)

barry&carol Dec 30th 2005 6:25 am

Hi gang, Pauline and I would like to thank you all for the fun we have had at all the Sydney meets. The amount of really nice people we have met is far too long to list, but you know who you are.
It’s been great catching up and hearing how things have changed for each person since the meet before. Some of the young couples now are parents or just about to be and some have returned home.
Its not easy emigrating to the other side of the world, weather you have kids or not, but you lot have made our life here much easier with you pish© patter and kindness.
Pauline would personally like to thank you all for putting up with me at the meets, she claims it gives her a break.
We would love to catch up with you before we head north, but I doubt if we will get that chance, so I will take this chance to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
For all the people struggling, I hope this year takes a turn for the better.
Love to you all
Soapy and Pauline

We'll raise our glasses to you guys. Nice to have met you both and the very best of luck with the new venture and for 2006 Take care

Barry and Carol

moonstone Dec 30th 2005 9:14 am

Originally Posted by barry&carol
We'll raise our glasses to you guys. Nice to have met you both and the very best of luck with the new venture and for 2006 Take care

Barry and Carol

Farewell, good luck - heres hoping the new year is fantastic for you (and us) all! Shame we didn't get another meet in - keep posting - I am sure you will make a huge impact up there like you have with us all.

lots of love to you all - kerry, paul and kids (who are actually being quite pleasant at the moment - life is good!)

CARRY ON THE ADVENTURE!!!! :)

Bordy Dec 30th 2005 9:39 am

So who is going to take over the organising of Sydney meet ups now????

soapy© Dec 30th 2005 10:01 am

Originally Posted by barry&carol

Barry and Carol

its a shame we didnt get more of a chance to catch up, u both had great patter and made me laugh. good luck to u guys too
soapy

soapy© Dec 30th 2005 10:04 am

Originally Posted by moonstone
Farewell, good luck - heres hoping the new year is fantastic for you (and us) all! Shame we didn't get another meet in - keep posting - I am sure you will make a huge impact up there like you have with us all.

lots of love to you all - kerry, paul and kids (who are actually being quite pleasant at the moment - life is good!)

CARRY ON THE ADVENTURE!!!! :)

thanx pal. we will miss u guys. i really did love the sydney meets. i hope u lot keep them up and post photos of the events.
keep in touch :)
soapy

soapy© Dec 30th 2005 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
So who is going to take over the organising of Sydney meet ups now????

i ask the same question mate. it looks as if there might be a split between the north and south, something i tried to avoid :rolleyes:
i hope someone can get them all together for the meets.
good question mate ;)

Rooksie Dec 30th 2005 10:13 am

ok ok i feel like a complete pillock. i have been living in a cave. :o

headed north??? WTF????? :confused:

rapitts Dec 30th 2005 10:14 am

All the best for your move up the coast, you'll have to pop down every few months to keep the meets going in exchange for a few :beer:

Anyways thanks for sorting the meets out once again.

Ron & Su

soapy© Dec 30th 2005 10:17 am

Originally Posted by rapitts
All the best for your move up the coast, you'll have to pop down every few months to keep the meets going in exchange for a few :beer:

Anyways thanks for sorting the meets out once again.

Ron & Su

your welcome mate. i had great fun :)
not sure about trying to sort the meets out, maybe u could do it lol :p

Bix Dec 30th 2005 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rooksie
ok ok i feel like a complete pillock. i have been living in a cave. :o

headed north??? WTF????? :confused:

He's headed for the GC.

I've got border patrol on alert in case he tries to sneak up any further. :p

Rooksie Dec 30th 2005 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
He's headed for the GC.

I've got border patrol on alert in case he tries to sneak up any further. :p

Good God!!!! :scared:

rumbletum Dec 31st 2005 12:26 am

PISH OFF !!!!!!!!! ;)

luv always Steve, Heather, Frank and Gilly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rumbletum Dec 31st 2005 12:32 am

PISH OFF !!!!![COLOR=Red] ;)
Luv always
Steve, Heather, Frank and Gilly xxxxxxxxxxxxx

soapy© Dec 31st 2005 1:27 am

ha ha ha shows how much u have been on here. it took u two goes to get it right :p

rumbletum Dec 31st 2005 5:13 am

ha ha ha shows how much u have been on here. it took u two goes to get it right :p

:D :D :D

Its the effect though mate ! Looks better twice !

soapy© Jan 1st 2006 3:41 am

Originally Posted by rumbletum
:D :D :D

Its the effect though mate ! Looks better twice !

tried to read it again last night and i could see it 4 times :p

rumbletum Jan 1st 2006 3:53 am

tried to read it again last night and i could see it 4 times :p

awwh, bless. Missed you guys last night. Hope you saw in the new year in your usual style ! We had a right laugh in Manly... you should have seen Frank with a snorkel !

Hopefully catch up over the next week or so. And yes you know we will miss you heaps, I dont think we need to say anymore. But I dont think it will be the end of our friendship, not a chance :)

yafm Jan 1st 2006 7:46 pm

The Sydney meets will go on I am sure but HOW ABOUT THE FISHING TRIPS???????

Lol Pauline and Robert have a great time and find a splendid house/job Regards Y and C :beer: :D

soapy© Jan 1st 2006 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by rumbletum
awwh, bless. Missed you guys last night. Hope you saw in the new year in your usual style ! We had a right laugh in Manly... you should have seen Frank with a snorkel !

Hopefully catch up over the next week or so. And yes you know we will miss you heaps, I dont think we need to say anymore. But I dont think it will be the end of our friendship, not a chance :)

pauline managed to get a swap and spent the new year with us all. it was a great night. getting ready for the crazy gang arriving in just over a week :eek:

yafm Jan 1st 2006 8:01 pm

What are you doing up so early (I have an excuse it is the only time I can get into the internet as my server Primus is c***p. All the restr of the day I get cannot dial in (and they blame me rather than them. If I do get in I am dropped immediately they have taken the phone cost. GRRRRRR :mad:

soapy© Jan 1st 2006 8:01 pm

The Sydney meets will go on I am sure but HOW ABOUT THE FISHING TRIPS???????

Lol Pauline and Robert have a great time and find a splendid house/job Regards Y and C :beer: :D

i was hoping you would say that lol
as for the fishing trips, well thats up to you guys all to sort. need to sort the trips in the gold coast out when i get there :)

soapy© Jan 1st 2006 8:02 pm

What are you doing up so early (I have an excuse it is the only time I can get into the internet as my server Primus is c***p. All the restr of the day I get cannot dial in (and they blame me rather than them. If I do get in I am dropped immediately they have taken the phone cost. GRRRRRR :mad:

im working today :mad: cant even take a sicky, cos my boss knows i was pissed off about working :rolleyes: