Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney meet 2005

Wikiposts

Sydney meet 2005

Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney meet 2005

Originally Posted by igual
nice to meet everyone at the meet!

well done Soapy for organising a good day, you looked very dapper with your tartan rucksack / picnic rug, your very much the modern man , almost a catalogue model
would like to have seen you with that at Celtic park on the weekend :scared
by the way what date is the fishing trip again?

stay cool!

Nick
on my way home i had about 20 people ask to buy my rucksack/rug/fashion statment
trips on the 12th march, try and let me know by thursday
so u have seen the photos then. this time u cant have a go at me for calling u number 2
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:19 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Shame about the date....we shall be 'roughing' it in Kuala Lumpur then but PLEASE let me know if you arrange another one - Colin
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yafm

Shame about the date....we shall be 'roughing' it in Kuala Lumpur then but PLEASE let me know if you arrange another one - Colin
dont worry about it colin i will, just dont enjoy your wee trip too much
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Originally Posted by soapy
The weather tries to spoil things?
The meet is still on, but and it’s a big But.
If its still raining I think the best place to meet up is the Lower Concourse just next to the Opera House. Its about 5mins walk from the cafe in the park.
If the rain stops around 12-12.30 we will meet at the park.
Look forward to seeing u guys
Hi Soapy,
have followed this thread with great interest, but have stayed in the background so far. I've been very tempted to join the last meeting, but unfortunately we're renovating our kitchen at the moment and therefore I already knew, that it would've been most unlikely for me to attempt the event. Therefore I didn't really bother to put my name down.

Apparently you guys had a ball on Sunday's meet (saw the photos) and I wonder, whether you'll put up another meet, where I might pop in eventually, if welcome.

Cheers,
Sonja
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by speissi
Hi Soapy,
have followed this thread with great interest, but have stayed in the background so far. I've been very tempted to join the last meeting, but unfortunately we're renovating our kitchen at the moment and therefore I already knew, that it would've been most unlikely for me to attempt the event. Therefore I didn't really bother to put my name down.

Apparently you guys had a ball on Sunday's meet (saw the photos) and I wonder, whether you'll put up another meet, where I might pop in eventually, if welcome.

Cheers,
Sonja
hi Sonja, your more than welcome. we havent set a date yet. keep an eye on the forum for a new meet. about 12 members and their families turned up. it would have been more but some were looking at the weather forecast and forgot it was Oz the weather was great while we were there, just as the meet broke up the rain came in. but it was enough time for the new members to break the ice. i think the next one will be a BBQ in a park or something, we will see. it all depends on how everyone liked it and if they are up for another soon, but as i said. keep an eye on the forum.

soapy
Old Feb 21st 2005, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

hi Sonja, your more than welcome. we havent set a date yet. keep an eye on the forum for a new meet. about 12 members and their families turned up. it would have been more but some were looking at the weather forecast and forgot it was Oz the weather was great while we were there, just as the meet broke up the rain came in. but it was enough time for the new members to break the ice. i think the next one will be a BBQ in a park or something, we will see. it all depends on how everyone liked it and if they are up for another soon, but as i said. keep an eye on the forum.

soapy
Ta, Soapy!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Soapy, perhaps you should make clear that you didn't just fill the photos out with random strangers like me!

Going out to find a cooler travel rug than yours for the next meet! perhaps one with a built in coolbox?

Not gonna be able to make the fishing I'm afraid. Prebooked with pommes from home. Don't forget your anti seasickness beers

Nick
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by igual
Soapy, perhaps you should make clear that you didn't just fill the photos out with random strangers like me!

Going out to find a cooler travel rug than yours for the next meet! perhaps one with a built in coolbox?

Not gonna be able to make the fishing I'm afraid. Prebooked with pommes from home. Don't forget your anti seasickness beers

Nick
u dont have enough money left to buy a cooler rug than that. oh i forgot to tell u, its made of a special lining so u can use it as a cool bag too
oh and if it get coldu i can use it as a big slipper unlucky about the trip mate, but dont worry u will be first to see the photo of my huge fish
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

Yup, really enjoyed Sunday.Nice to meet everyone. Sorry for replying to thread so late have had no broadband since Sunday Avo! :scared:

Look forward to next one....by then I will be able to drink

Soapy - I have just PM you

Angela
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 9:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Swaffy
Yup, really enjoyed Sunday.Nice to meet everyone. Sorry for replying to thread so late have had no broadband since Sunday Avo! :scared:

Look forward to next one....by then I will be able to drink

Soapy - I have just PM you

Angela
just read it and replied he he he
have a look at the photos theres a couple of u in it
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

just read it and replied he he he
have a look at the photos theres a couple of u in it

Yeh I did have look earlier and thats the last time you take any pictures of me again! Steve of course looks brown and healthy.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:04 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Swaffy
Yeh I did have look earlier and thats the last time you take any pictures of me again! Steve of course looks brown and healthy.
that was the beer that did that. he was white before he arrived