Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney IT market

Sydney IT market

Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Paul2412 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney IT market

Can anyone in the know tell me about the current Sydney IT market? Specifically .NET development?

I'm coming over on a WHV and would ideally like to find short term contracts (1 month - 6 months) within the Sydney area. I've got my CV with several recruitment agencies in the area, and they all say I should have no problems finding work but then again they are sales people!

I'm quite experienced, 6 years worth and have been working as a contractor in the UK using technology such as ASP.NET and SQL Server.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney IT market

I thought you said that you had contacts (in addition to the agencies) who have already told you what it was like?
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Paul2412 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
I thought you said that you had contacts who have already told you what it was like?
I do, although there is no harm in doing further research...
Old Jan 27th 2012, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Your biggest problem could be the fact that you are limited to 6 months with any one employer and whilst contracts may only be 6 months long employers generally like to be able to have the option to extend if they want.

If you have contacts then they may be a better choice for finding short term contracts than agencies.