Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies FTC - Tuesday 6 Feb

Wikiposts

Sydney Ladies FTC - Tuesday 6 Feb

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - Tuesday 6 Feb

Hi Jo,
I will be coming on Tuesday with my 3 yr old Eva, I also have a 4 yr old but she will be in pre-school. Looking forward to meeting you!

Pink x
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - Tuesday 6 Feb

Me too.Finally. I need more directions tho.
It`ll be my first meet too.
Jane
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:33 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Jane
It's turning out to be quite a crowd! I'll phone you later with directions. I'll chat with Rudi too as she will be coming through past your way (ish) so it may be a convoy would be the best option!

Bindy
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozyjo
Hi there, I'm Jo.
And I have just moved to Sydney, with my partner, Stu. And 2 daughters Sophie 4, Maisie 20 months.

Just moved into the Hills area and would love to meet some new people.

And I know my 4 year old would. Because every day I get when are my friends (uk friends) coming to visit. mmm if only it was that simply.

Does anyone have children similar age?

Hopefully can make this Tuesday, sounds good. Although I will probably get very lost.

Can I ask who is going? names, where you are from? whether you have kids ect.

Thanks Jo

Jo x
Hi Jo,
I am going on Tuesday. I live in Wahroonga and have 4 kids aged 13, 8, 7 and 3.Not sure if I will have the little one (Thomas) with me or not this time as my mother in law is visiting and may take him out somewhere. (maybe we should get the kids and in laws together Andy!). We've only lived here since October and I have been to 2 meets before, and they are definitely worth going to. Hopefully see you there,
Carolyn.x
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Jane

Hi Jane

I've been trying to call you all day to arrange to pick you up, but I keep getting the engaged tone!!!! I have emailed you with my home number and mobile number, so hopefully you will be able to get hold of me before tomorrow. I'll leave here about 9.30 so I'd be with you by 9.45 if you want a lift.

Hopefully see you tomorrow

Rudi
x
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry I missed today ladies, been working nights all week and went back to bed when Ruby had her morning nap.....was pooped! Hope you had a good meet, I know Clontarf Reserve, nice choice!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Hope the meet went well yesterday and you all had a good chat!
I was disappointed to miss out again

Better luck for me next time!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

It was great to finally join a Sydney Ladies Meet Up yesterday. I did enjoy meeting you all and look forward to next month. Thank you Binbird,Rudi & yanh for offers of help with getting there.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

nerolispark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
I am a British expats virgin - would really like to join your March meet, could you let me know the time and venue - do I need to bring along my union jack flip flops so you will recognise me??
PS I Hope I am replying to the correct peson - I am not so hot on the technicals of this site - in fact I don't really know how you will respond to me either !!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nerolispark
Hi there
I am a British expats virgin - would really like to join your March meet, could you let me know the time and venue - do I need to bring along my union jack flip flops so you will recognise me??
PS I Hope I am replying to the correct peson - I am not so hot on the technicals of this site - in fact I don't really know how you will respond to me either !!
Welcome oh pure one

If you keep your eyes peeled, Binbird usually posts something about 2 weeks before the meet. It will have details of the venue etc. It's always great to have new people along.....not that I will be there next time .

I take it you are new to Oz!!!! You don't wear flip flops, you wear thongs......yep, thongs.......on your feet - not up your bottom!!!

And yes, we all come along wearing our Union Jack t-shirts, shorts etc etc

Hope to meet you at the April meet.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Rudi
Yep, in Sydney since July. Arrived with 3 little ones and a partner who is never at home. Met loads of really nice ozzys but really feel the need to talk to some Brits.
Yep, was aware of the thongs business - they really have got that wrong over here - what do they call pants ? Same with "wellingtons", they were never meant to be called "gum boots", and what is "Manchester" all about ! Hey look at me, I'm sounding like a good old whinging pom !
Hopefully see you soon
Nerolispark / Rachel xx
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

tsk tsk!! Well luckily for you, common Aussieisms are sometimes discussed sometimes on Tuesdays!!

Pants = trousers
undues = pants/knickers

and when you say "which route should I take to get there?" do NOT say "root" say "rowt" (as in row (argument))

What variety of little ones do you have? I have 3 girls of 10, 7 (nearly 8) and 4.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Hi Rudy
Just about to hit the school run so best be brief !
Have a boy - nearly 6, boy - nearly 4 - and a girl just 18 months.
Rach x
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Just to let you all know that binbird has started a new thread about March's meet, next Tuesday, 6th March. It is at the Hill's Flower Market on Mona Vale Road from 10.30.
Where are you all? Check out the new thread, and hopefully see you there.
Carolyn.x

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429523
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Thanks - that sounds good - it will be my first time to both the venue and the group ! Is there good parking and is it a venue I can bring my 18month old to ? How will I know who you are - do you stand out as being ovbiously expats ?
Sorry about all the questions !!
Rachel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.