Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney Ladies FTC - 5th Feb

Sydney Ladies FTC - 5th Feb

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:30 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney Ladies FTC - 5th Feb

Well, the school kids are back at school so we can focus on venues again for those who have preschoolers. Having chatted to a few people over the last few weeks we figured it would be nice to make the most of the summer and organise the next meet for somewhere vaguely beachy - eg The Deck at Collaroy or The Boatshed at Balmoral. Any suggestions, preferences? If the weather is unkind we will have to retreat to a garden centre or such like. . .

To any newcomers - we meet from 10.30am on the first Tuesday of each month for coffee / lunch and usually at this get together arrange a date for a girls night in later on in the month. All welcome - we're a friendly bunch! If you are worried about identifying us I am happy to pm you my mobile number.

Watch this thread for confirmation of venue.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney Ladies FTC - 5th Feb

I just googled The Deck at Collaroy and it looks very pleasant so that would get my vote

I'm desperately hoping to be only coming with one child ...

M
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also checked out The Deck and it does look lovely.

S
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:16 am
Just Joined

marniemoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ron the Pom
I have also checked out The Deck and it does look lovely.

S
I will try to come. I need to work out how to get there
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:48 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marniemoo
I will try to come. I need to work out how to get there
Where will you be coming from? It's right on Pittwater Road so plenty of buses. . . .
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:36 am
Just Joined

sarahbarney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope to be there (with just the one littlie).
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

I'll be there all on my own!!!! Either place is good for me, but I've never been to Collaroy, so would be good to try it.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Probably won't come to this one, I had a look at the map and it's a bit too far out. Hopefully there's be one a bit closer in sometime soon.

Keep me posted about the girls night in.

Love

Rudi
xxx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:11 pm
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Collaroy is a bit far for me too..........Balmoral would get my vote if nice day.
Otherwise one of the garden centres with a playground if wet??
It isn't looking good for weather this week & it's horribly drizzly today out in the Hills. So I'd rather be indoors than out.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Me!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:55 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Fingers crossed that the weather is good enough for a meet at Collaroy on Tuesday but I would recommend that everyone takes a nosey at this thread in the morning so that an alternative venue can be agreed on if the heavens look threatening. We will be fine under cover but it will be no fun for anyone bringing little ones.

Last edited by binbird; Feb 3rd 2008 at 6:04 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:05 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Goodness me............aren't we all hardy Brits?? A bit of rain.........bahhh humbug....
We ventured to Mona Vale beach today, managed to get there just as the lightening started, retreated to the Flying Fox for food and still spent 2 hours on the beach & boogies boarding later.
Car is full of sand now...
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Hoola and Rudi are you going? D`you want lifts?

Binbird,is Collaroy on way to Mona Vale or after?
I will look at map as well and check BE in morning. Weather does not worry me .........................
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Doubt if I will make it tomorrrow at this rate, having so many little things go wrong and so much expense and time to repair them. I am keen to come, so fingers crossed that my luck picks up tomorrow, otherwise hope you all have a good time anyway.

S
Old Feb 4th 2008, 5:31 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Hoola and Rudi are you going? D`you want lifts?

Binbird,is Collaroy on way to Mona Vale or after?
I will look at map as well and check BE in morning. Weather does not worry me .........................
Come down the hill to Mona Vale and turn right onto Pittwater Road. Pass through Warriewood and Narrabeen (after the bridge over the Lagoon) and Collaroy is the next suburb.

I've just got in from work and am thinking that we really should consider a different venue. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.