Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney ladies coffee / gossip!

Sydney ladies coffee / gossip!

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 11:47 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney ladies coffee / gossip!

Hello

It's that time of the month again! Time to organise the next meet that is!

There are 4-5 of us who have met regularly on the first Tuesday of the month for the last six months or so and we would love to extend our welcome to any newbies out there or anyone who may have been here a bit longer but has just not been free to come along to a meet before.

A couple of us have older kids in school so we come along "child-free" but the rest have toddlers so we always choose a child-friendly venue. So, the next meet will be on Tuesday 7 November. We usually start at about 10.30am and often only break up when one or the other of us has to head off to do the school run!

We just need to agree on a venue so anyone with a suggestion please post here! Look forward to seeing you all on the 7th. . . .

B
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney ladies coffee / gossip!

I'll be there

Rudi
x

Originally Posted by binbird
Hello

It's that time of the month again! Time to organise the next meet that is!

There are 4-5 of us who have met regularly on the first Tuesday of the month for the last six months or so and we would love to extend our welcome to any newbies out there or anyone who may have been here a bit longer but has just not been free to come along to a meet before.

A couple of us have older kids in school so we come along "child-free" but the rest have toddlers so we always choose a child-friendly venue. So, the next meet will be on Tuesday 7 November. We usually start at about 10.30am and often only break up when one or the other of us has to head off to do the school run!

We just need to agree on a venue so anyone with a suggestion please post here! Look forward to seeing you all on the 7th. . . .

B
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all

Me too!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Ladies!

I would love to come and join you for a natter but am tied up for a few weeks with girlies from the motherland.....are you the bunch that are on the northern beaches?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, AND it is Melbourne Cup Day that day and I love a long, liquid lunch and a punt!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubyredlips
Hi Ladies!

I would love to come and join you for a natter but am tied up for a few weeks with girlies from the motherland.....are you the bunch that are on the northern beaches?

Sort of!! That's where we usually meet but not all of us (ie me) live there

Maybe see you at the next one......it'll be almost Xmas by then

Rudi
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:04 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

This one is getting off to a bit of a slow start. A couple of weeks ago it seemed that quite a few new families had arrived in Sydney and were posting on here - where have they all gone?!

Well, we have got just over a week to go now - anyone got any ideas for a venue? The Deck at Collaroy (behind the Surf Rock Hotel on Pittwater Road) is right on the beach so the kids can play in the sand if it's a nice day but I am open to suggestions if anyone can come up with a better idea. . . .

And anyone got any news of Walaj?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

This one is getting off to a bit of a slow start. A couple of weeks ago it seemed that quite a few new families had arrived in Sydney and were posting on here - where have they all gone?!

Well, we have got just over a week to go now - anyone got any ideas for a venue? The Deck at Collaroy (behind the Surf Rock Hotel on Pittwater Road) is right on the beach so the kids can play in the sand if it's a nice day but I am open to suggestions if anyone can come up with a better idea. . . .

And anyone got any news of Walaj?

I met a really nice lady last week and she's planning on coming along. I am not sure whether she's got internet access yet, but I will keep her in touch with what's happening. She said "kel n ian" (I think) were quite new and "Kel" said she would like to come along.

Poppet where are you? Are you coming?

Will have a read of some old threads if I get a chance and find out the people who said they'd like to come - they may not read this forum - I forget to read it too and by the time a I get to a thread it's too late!!!

Maybe we need to set up a PM list of those people who say they'd like to come and then PM them to let them know that there is a new thread.

Maybe we should put this on the agenda for our next meeting

Rudi
x
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:08 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I won't be there for this one, as Dave and I don't arrive in Sydney until 4th December, but will definately look out for the dates of further meets-ups after that.

Nicky
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:27 am
Birds of a feather . . .

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hi,

I won't be there for this one, as Dave and I don't arrive in Sydney until 4th December, but will definately look out for the dates of further meets-ups after that.

Nicky
Hi Nicky

Look forward to seeing you at one of our meets soon. Do you know which part of Sydney you are heading for first?

Right, a head count so far looks something like this:

Me
Rudi
Pink & Fluffy
Kel n Ian
clan_campbell
iPom (possibly)
Walaj (if she is up to it with Master Nathan!)

And Poppet - still no sign of you - where are you?!

And a decision on a venue would be good . . . . . anyone?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:18 am
Just Joined

ving is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney ladies coffee / gossip!

Hi binbird

I too would maybe able to join you it would depend where as i don't fully know the area yet but i have a map. I have 3 boys (2 at school) and a 2 1/2 year old.
Let me Know where you decide

Hi Nicky

Look forward to seeing you at one of our meets soon. Do you know which part of Sydney you are heading for first?

Right, a head count so far looks something like this:

Me
Rudi
Pink & Fluffy
Kel n Ian
clan_campbell
iPom (possibly)
Walaj (if she is up to it with Master Nathan!)

And a decision on a venue would be good . . . . . anyone?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

andyspud is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Sydney ladies coffee / gossip!

HI

sorry just realised i was logged in as my husband ving, I don't think he would join us!

Originally Posted by ving
Hi binbird

I too would maybe able to join you it would depend where as i don't fully know the area yet but i have a map. I have 3 boys (2 at school) and a 2 1/2 year old.
Let me Know where you decide
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

include me please......met rudi last week, had a giggle and can't wait to meet the rest of you.

Can't suggest any venues [not been here long enough], but will travel anywhere, as I wil be alone...my son is at school.

Will many places be busy with it being melbourne cup day? Just a thought!

Lesley
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:07 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky

Thanks BB. We'll be renting Upper North Shore area - probably Asquith/Mount Colah/Hornsby, depending on what's available. Dave's family live in Asquith and we'll be staying them with whilst we get a rental sorted out.

Ncky
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:08 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

I'm here!!! Have been very busy as we have brother in law here for a week so busy trying to cram everything into a week. Lovely to see someone we really know and have a week off work though!

I will be there (where?) next Tuesday. No ideas for a venue but bear in mind it is Melbourne Cup day so lots of places will be busy. Has anyone been here for this in previous years - perhaps they can advise on good/bad locations on the day.

Looking forward to seeing you all again. Px

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.