Reload this Page >

Sydney (Inner) West

Sydney (Inner) West

Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sydney (Inner) West

Hi,

We will move to Sydney in January and are in the process of finding a rental apartment of town house. (Our budget is about AUD750/week.)

I will work in the area of Fairfield/Wetherill Park so it has to work reasonable to go back and forward. My wife and our 3-year old will start from home and it is therefore important that they can get around without car; parks in the neighbourhood, access to down town and so forth.

We have mainly been looking at the Inner West, which areas are recommendable or any other proposals?

We will go down in December to look on site so all proposals are appreciated.

Thanks in advance. // Mattias
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kent, United Kingdom, now North West Sydney, Hills district and now Hawkesbury.
MELANIE6 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sydney (Inner) West

Originally Posted by Mattias
Hi,

We will move to Sydney in January and are in the process of finding a rental apartment of town house. (Our budget is about AUD750/week.)

I will work in the area of Fairfield/Wetherill Park so it has to work reasonable to go back and forward. My wife and our 3-year old will start from home and it is therefore important that they can get around without car; parks in the neighbourhood, access to down town and so forth.

We have mainly been looking at the Inner West, which areas are recommendable or any other proposals?

We will go down in December to look on site so all proposals are appreciated.

Thanks in advance. // Mattias
Hi,

Seeing as no one else as replied to you here goes.

Wetherill Park is a fairly industrial area, lots of business around so might want to head out a bit. M7 is close to this area giving you lots of options for places to live if you have a car, such as Penrith (not too big but lots going on and not too racially affected), Liverpool (huge place, lots of indian/lebanese), Campbelltown (looks big but never been there) Parramatta (huge again with lots of lebanese immigrants) not that i am a racist but just to make you aware of the lots of different nationalities. Down south is beautiful, very green and english looking.
Have heard reports of Fairfield being very rough, but don't know first hand.

Hope this helps a bit. Good Luck
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:57 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MELANIE6
Hi,

Seeing as no one else as replied to you here goes.

Wetherill Park is a fairly industrial area, lots of business around so might want to head out a bit. M7 is close to this area giving you lots of options for places to live if you have a car, such as Penrith (not too big but lots going on and not too racially affected), Liverpool (huge place, lots of indian/lebanese), Campbelltown (looks big but never been there) Parramatta (huge again with lots of lebanese immigrants) not that i am a racist but just to make you aware of the lots of different nationalities. Down south is beautiful, very green and english looking.
Have heard reports of Fairfield being very rough, but don't know first hand.

Hope this helps a bit. Good Luck

The Inner West pretty much ends at Strathfield. There are some that suggest it could go out as far as Homebush West, but there's not much out there. Strathfield would be a good commute to Wetherill park, as it's right on the motorway, so should be fairly easy, despite the draconian speed limits.

The closer to the city you come, the nicer things get, and the pick of the suburbs are along the Bankstown train line from Redfern up to Croydon. Ashfield through to Strathfield is less nice, but Burwood and Strathfield are good rail hubs.

If you go slightly to the south, then you may want to look at Marrickville, Dulwich Hill/Lewisham. Canterbury is OK, but I wouldn't stray into Campsie.

If you look North, then you have some nice suburbs, but I think they would be problematic for your commute, and are also quite pricey - Five Dock, Canada Bay and Abbotsford are all very respectable choices, As are Leichhardt, Haberfield and Annandale.

Just North of Strathfield, there is Homebush Bay, Concord and Rhodes. Nice areas, and well serviced by the M3. Rhodes and Homebush bay are all new developments with the associated price tags. Mainly apartments - single bedrooms starting from $495k (to buy).

And that concludes my whistlestop tour of Sydney's Inner West.

Hope that helps.

S

Hope that helps.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Mattias is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help and info. We will probably focus mainly on Drummoyne, Five Docks, Breakfast Point, Rodhes and the areas around.

Hopefully it will work out well.

Thanks and regards // Mattias